Monday 18 May 2015

How I Texlax For Thicker hair... Full Details

                 



Hey cuties!Been a while... So, in my last relaxer post I mentioned that I would explain my relaxer process. So this is it. The secret to thicker relaxed hair is actually TEXLAXING. That is what I do.



What is texlaxing?
Texlaxing is actually purposely under processing your hair so it doesn't come out as straight as it would when well processed. This is like loosening your hair texture like from kinky to a lot less kinky but not straight!

So there....if you still have that question in mind...like what's my hair status? I'm fully texlaxed...root to tips. 
My relaxer preparation washday happens on the last day before my relaxer be it two weeks or a week before my relaxer day. I follow my washday process and most times I do a protein treatment.



Relaxers I have used and currently use:

In the past pre hhj I have used Beva and ozone relaxers...I mean that was like the most popular relaxers in...you know now...those small roadside saloons (clears throat) lol! I just purchased from them...most times my mum does the relaxing. Moving forward in my hhj I decided to use a no lye relaxer and Creme of Nature coconut and sunflower oil infusion was my first love! I used it for a year and in my relaxer December 2014 I switched to ORS No lye relaxer kit. This change was actually uncalled for but I guess I was in envy of how bloggers like Jeni from just grow already and Lade from hairducation always have beautiful swishing hair after relaxing.
Ladies....I switched from relaxer to relaxer and failed to do the strand test first... (Covers face) Result was beautiful but my hair was almost so straight! Especially at the front parts...yikes!! Lol...Here's a picture difference.



Detangling:

I do a thorough detangling the night before and this takes me roughly 2 to 3 hours. I do this at night because that's when I have all the time to just concentrate on my hair. I really take my time and I work with my fingers alone aided by a moisturiser or detangler. I part my hair into four quadrants and work with that. After detangling the four on each I make long horizontal sections of an inch wide and twist it up. So I sleep with my hair twisted up ready to be attended to. I don't do the detangling on relaxer day because manipulating the scalp like that would lead to some irritation and possibly burning if any part of your scalp was hurt maybe by scratching.



Relaxer procedure:

After coating my hair with Vaseline toeave just the new growth to be relaxed, i texlax by mixing half the activator with the relaxer base and back when I used Creme of nature I just add the oil that come with the kit. But with the ORS on my previous relaxer in April I added two table spoon on coconut oil. 

I don't leave the relaxer for an extra time on my head I just rinse out when I'm done smoothing. This usually takes me 12-15mins max.

While using the CON relaxer it was though to stretch my relaxers because my newly relaxed hair would come out so under processed. This led me to overlapping my relaxer onto 1-2inches of hair above my new growth. So in that way I loosen the curls a bit again. This is a picture of what my hair looks like...that hair is NOT natural ladies... 


I bet you can still see my kinks. I call that my first satisfaction so when I relax again I coat those part with Vaseline and then relax the new growth without minding that its overlapping onto 1-2inches of previously relaxed hair. With the Vaseline on the hair it doesn't allow it to process to the extent that it becomes over processed or straight. So now after doing the relaxing that includes new growth and Vaseline coated 1-2inches of previously relaxed hair my hair has a less kinky texture.

I'd like to add that I did not follow this method in my previous relaxer in April because the previously relaxed 1-2inches was almost so straight. I plan to still do that going forward though and the game is still the same...Half the relaxer activator + 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. I'm not saying you should try exactly what I do because my hair is low porosity...its only advisable for low porosity and very tough to relax hair that way you can keep reducing the texture to the way you prefer without it going bone straight. 

So cuties that is how I texlax my hair.... Its just my way...it may not work for you...you don't have to count it among any rule or condemn it...lol.

           Do you texlax your hair? Any tips you have to share on texlaxing?




11 comments:

  1. Been waiting like forever for your next post, glad you finally did. I love your new method of texlaxing,it turned out great and your texlaxed hair looks beautiful. I credit people that self relax, thinking of doing it myself in my next relaxer and of course i'm using your method. God help me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you luck with self relaxing dear... Just that this method will leave you with loads of texture you may not be able to work with it on your next relaxer stretch but all the same...you will get used to it!

      Delete
  2. i've been thinking of trying the creme of nature relaxer, i think i'm gonna use it for my next texlax. your hair looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try it out...I hope it gives you great results!

      Delete
  3. i've been thinking of trying the creme of nature relaxer, i think i'm gonna use it for my next texlax. your hair looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Miss Juditherese. I love your blog. Sorry for bothering you. I just wanted to reference you back to the blog naijahaircangrow, where Mrs Dabs was talking about her favourite MET gala looks. I made a comment that I would appreciate you reading. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Fatimah... Truth be told, tears filled my eyes as I read your comment. I appreciate your and i'm glad you took to heart all the information you gathered on both blogs and made awesome progress with it. Keep it up dear...I hope to feature you when you reach your goal just drop me a mail to be featured. Keep doing what you do...take care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice article...We would like to add that in traditional indian culture combing using good wooden combs is a good way to relax hairs, make themhealthy and have less hairfall. You might not be aware but neem wooden combs are excellent for hair and scalp friendly and it assists distribute oil all through the end when a person applies oil to hair-. Here are few benefits of Neem Wood Comb:
    -Gentle on hair and scalp.
    -Controls hair loss and dandruff.
    -Gives relief to itchy scalp.
    -Handcrafted and eco-friendly. They are non-toxic and not harsh on hairs.
    -Natural, non-invasive and herbal way of keeping hair healthy.
    You may read the the detailed article here http://ghaat.tumblr.com/post/114394268245/neem-as-combs

    Thanks
    Team Ghaat
    Procure/Import wholesale jewellery, scarves, combs & more handmade by Indian artisans

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is true that getting thicker hair is by texlaxing and of course stretching the hair. Nice post. Great progress by the way, your at bra strap now, next step mid- back. :)
    Please check out my blog, am new at this it's called: beautyofhairjourney.blogspot.co.uk

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there :-) thanks for stopping by.
      Heading over to your blog

      Delete

Most Viewed Post!