Friday 1 May 2015

3 Reasons why I wont stop wearing my hair

Hey sweethearts! how you doing? :-) pretty good I bet!

So this post is about the question that may be running through peoples minds...like...since you started your hair journey you've been wearing your hair whether it looks good or not... What's the bling bling about your hair? I mean why don't you switch to a weave or the newest reigning hairstyle?... Hmmm! Lol.

Some days back while I was walking home from school with some friends, one of them told me how a guy that wanted to see me gave a description of me. He said so many things but the one that struck me was when he said... "The girl that always wears her hair and makes different fine styles with it (*blush*...lol) at this point it was certain he was talking about me. But no I'm not sayingsaying that I'm the only girl that wear my hair in the whole of uniport but its just something significant because a lot of people complement me with giving the fact that I style it. So why have I suddenly forgotten about extensions, weaves and recently dropped wigs...here are some of my reasons.



I LOVE MY HAIR!
Ohhh yes! I do. Its healthier than any wig or sew ins I have ever wore. I have had so many washdays when my hair comes out so soft and almost melts in my hands like butter...ohh and to tell you the complements I get from wearing my own crowning glory...LOVE! Its thick and full...be it in a bun, twists, cornrows...when I look in the mirror I'm in LOVE! Lol.


MY HAIR IS DIVERSE
I mean... What can't my hair look like? It texlaxed and so shrinks up for the most parts of my stretch. Not as much as natural hair would but it still does. Sometimes after an undetangles twist out it looks like locs and people just stare at it.


MY HAIR GIVES ME CONFIDENCE
Yes it does! So many girls don't wash their hair themselves talk about styling...smh. Its always bold when someone asks where did you do this up do or flexi rod set and I say... I did it myself :-) with all the updos that looks elegant to complement your beauty and dressing...I feel I can go anywhere and give my opinions as I want without that little fear that may build up due to how you look. Good hair builds self esteem and confidence...your own good hair gives you thrice the confidence I tell you.


So there ladies...that's the bling bling about my hair that I don't get or see or feel when I wear sew ins or extensions... Make your hair always look drop dead gorgeous not your weaves and wigs and you will begin to see a new you emerge with beauty, confidence and love!

Stay safe....*much love*


9 comments:

  1. I totally feel you sister!!! I love to wear my hair, many pple ask mi why i dnt wear extensions like most girls, makes me feel unique!! No if only i can get my boyfriend to like it too....
    haircademia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel you sister!!! I love to wear my hair, many pple ask mi why i dnt wear extensions like most girls, makes me feel unique!! No if only i can get my boyfriend to like it too....
    haircademia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many fun styles to try...I hope he gets to appreciate it someday!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this post chica! I love a good protective style---but I just haven't gotten into wearing wigs, extensions and weaves. I love having access to MY hair. Plus I its nice knowing that you don't have to rely on anything else to make you feel beautiful.

    Thanks for sharing!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing to appreciate ones hair and flaunt it just like the whites flaunt theirs. I admire your confidence, nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our hair is our crown and glory and we should be so proud to wear it more frequently. I haven't worn any weave or wig since i started my hhj. I am intrigued by installing twists but have gotten those done either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea me too! I just can't sit for long to install twists...I wish it wears less time consuming

      Delete

Most Viewed Post!