Monday 28 December 2015

Product review- Ultra Black Hair



Hey dearies! Complements of the season to you all!  I hope everyone is having a blessed celebration. This is more of a product review post of some products I've been using lately.

I was sent these goodies from the Ultra Black hair products line to try out and I promise you that what you are about to read is a honest review of these products. The Ultra black hair company was founded by a black woman named Cathy Howse.




From left to right - UBH silky spray moisturiser, UBH satin creme moisturiser, UBH shampoo, UBH Deep conditioner 


UBH sulphate free shampoo
Promises- hydrating formula,  pH balanced, parade free, adds shine, remove excess dirts and excess oils without stripping the hair of its natural oils.

Lovely ingredients include- purified water, avocado oil, jojoba oil,  vitamin E oil,  grapefruit extract, greentea extractor age extract, chamomile extract and lots of other good stuff! It contains no laurel sulphate or lauryl sulphate.


My accessment -  this shampoo is quite thick. It cleanses my hair real well. It didn't cause tangles or matting. This is my first time using a sulphate free shampoo (forget the rules I've always found nothing wrong with using a sulphate shampoo and I've never skipped preparing on washdays) and I was really impressed on how clean it got my hair and scalp. I wouldn't say it's a gentle cleanser but it's a great sulphate free replacement for a sulphate shampoo. Great for deep cleansing.

UBH Deep conditioner (protein based) 
Promises- Enriched with protein for strengthening and repairing the hair,  gives hair a healthy look,  contains oils to lubricate and stimulate the hair, preventive maintenance treatment.

Lovely ingredients include- Aloe very gel, safflower oil, sweet almond oil, peppermint oil, menthol, coconut oil, grapefruit extract, lavender extract, chamomile extract, vitamin E, cucumber extract etc.


My accessment -  this Deep conditioner is just awesome. The peppermint and menthol in this DC makes it so invigorating and cooling when you have it on. It does well enough for a protein deep conditioner and it didn't get my hair super hard as I feared it would. But the fun of it? Imagine getting a strengthening treatment and a scalp treatment that fights dandruff and other scalp conditions and stimulates the scalp for faster hair growth too! *love* need I mention, it smells amazing *big grin*


UBH satin creme moisturiser
Promises- seals in intense moisture, with essential oils needed to perpetrate the dry black hair, increased shine, light weight formula that leaves the hair luxurious, non greasy feel, eliminates frizzy hair for smoother styles, makes hair soft, silky and smooth, parade free and fragrance free and no artificial colors.

Lovely ingredients - purified water, sweet almond oil, stearyl alcohol, Dimethicone, etc


My accessment - what I love about this moisturiser is the fact that it doesn't leave your hair oily or greasy or weight down after moisturising. So it's great for daily use. As for the moisture it infuses in my strands I'm not completely impressed with that. Its not as moisturising as I would like it to be but it's not bad either. It's also fragrance free (but I like fragrances... Lol). I've also seen other reviews where this moisturiser is a favourite product from the line but I guess you'll have to give it a try to know if it's for you.

UBH silky spray moisturiser 
Promises- Paraben free, moisturizes, softens and detangler hair, fragrance free, leave in moisturiser, protects hair during use of blow dryer and curling iron, lightly conditions and contains no artificial colours.

 Ingredients -  purified water, Butler glycol, Dimethicone, cyclomethicone etc


My accessment -  I love this silky spray detangler and I spray it on my hair like every day. It's really light weight and just sinks into my hair as I spray it on. I remember spraying it on for the first time expecting a greasy or weighed down feeling cos I was a bit heavy handed and after a minute I was like... Where did it go??  It just sank right into my hair and was absorbed by every strand.  I've been using this everyday and loving it.  As for detangler... It does a good job with that ad well.




Overall I think these are products worth trying out.  I think it's an amazing product line and regular use of these products is sure to get you a full head of healthy hair.

To find out more about Ultra black hair products visit their website on www.ubhafrica.com if you're on Instagram follow @ultrablackhairafrica


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed Post!