Saturday 20 February 2016

How I style my hair: Lovely Curly Bun



I told ya you wouldn't want to miss this right?! This is my favourite bun so far for two reasons

(1) I didn't get the inspiration from anywhere... At all it really feels so good to be able to manipulate my styles till I get that 'aha!'  style that gets people to stare at me as I walk by. 
(2) It has curls as the bun! Have I told you how much I love curls?!

I initially didn't plan on styling my hair like This but then I put it into braids at night and as I was about to go out the next morning I thought of how I would style my hair to get it to look presentable. First I got a braid out... Lol.  Then a curly top bun that I had to adjust till I got the ends all tucked in and I thought 'Bang'!'  

What you need:



Moisturise and seal your hair
You need a ponytail holder
Bobby pins
Some gel and a brush for a smooth finish

HOW TO
1. After moisturising and sealing (I also did my scalp massage with oil), divide your hair into two sections then braid each section like you're doing a regular pigtail braid. Tie hair with scarf for bed. 



2. Take down the braids the next morning and separate the curls. 

3. Using your wide ponytail holder put your hair in a puff. 

4. Tuck the ends outward and under the ponytail holder (note- don't go more than once with the ponytail holder and it shouldn't be too loose for your hair) and secure the ends with Bobby pins. Use as many pins as you prefer.  I only used 4.

5. Brush on some gel to lay down your edges. If you aren't leaving in a hurry you could tie a scarf around your edges to get them to lay really flat.

I haven't really gotten the gel that gets my edges LAID because I'm not so into having my hair all lay flat on my head. I really don't like the look and I don't have that much baby hairs. The gel I applied on my hair in this pic is the Organics by Africa's best soft hold smoothing and styling gel and I for me it's better for my wash n go or curly styles. It doesn't really lay my edges or hair down. 








I just redo this every night since it's my protective style for the week and I just finger comb my hair sparingly at night before braiding. 

What do you think? 
Super easy right?! 

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty chica! I love the simplicity of this style!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done dear, love the style definitely something I would wear myself.

    www.wurasecrethair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely hairstyle!

    https://lauralivll.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!