Saturday 19 March 2016

Product review: Herbal Essences and Doo Grow conditioners




HERBAL ESSENCES BYE - BYE BREAKAGE CONDITIONER
This is a Rivitalising rinse out conditioner.

Promises: Damaged ends can't keep you down  with this creamy conditioning formula that does on every strand, making it easy to get over the splits quick.

Ingredients: water, stearyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulphate, zea mays (corn) silk extract, postelsia palmaeformis thallus extract, jasminium grandiflorum (jasmine flower extract), fragrance/parfum, cetyl alcohol, Bis-aminopropyl dimethicone, benzyl alcohol, dicetylidomium chloride, disodium EDTA, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, red 33, blue 1.


MY ASSESSMENTS
I absolutely love this conditioner! It gets my hair really soft and serves well for the purpose I bought it which is to use as a pre poo treatment. It makes finger detangling very easy and ever since I started using it to prepoo oil prepoo 's have been reduced to a minimum. I have never used it as a cowash conditioner because I do not cowash and not as a DC either. As for mending split ends, It helps to keep your ends away from dryness if you apply it regularly to your ends like I sometimes do.

I got this product at Cassabella Beauty Store at Spa, Port Harcourt Mall for  N1750

Would I repurchase? I would if I find it there on any of my visits (should have gotten two!)


DOO GROW MEGA THICK CONDITIONER
This is a light protein Deep conditioner






Promises: Helps promote thick strong, healthy growing hair. Enriched with Shea butter, vitamins, oat proteins and botanical thickeners. It's rich formula thoroughly conditions and moisturises hair, while adding volume and thickness. Restores strength to weak damaged hair and is safe to use on all types of hair including colour treated, bleached and relaxed hair.

Ingredients:



MY ASSESSMENTS:
Honestly, this conditioner acts completely moisturising to my hair. Just like how ORS Replenishing conditioner is light protein but you could mistake it for an excellent moisturising DC. It has a nice balance of protein to moisture in my hair and ORS beats this one only because it gives more slip. I used it rotating with my UBH Protein Deep conditioner and my hair felt great. But with time I started to feel like I had protein build up so I had to grab my Queen Helena moisturising DC. All the same, it's really great for a light protein DC and as for the claim on thickening the hair, well probably, lol.

I also got this product at Cassabella Beauty store at Spa, Port Harcourt mall for  2500

Would I repurchase? No I wouldn't. It's still far from getting finished though. It's really great but doesn't beat ORS to me given that it's a lot more pricy than ORS.

Have you tried any of these products before? Kindly  Share your reviews!

1 comment:

  1. wow lovely post. It has a pleasing stability of protein to moisture in my hair and OR beats this one most effective as it offers greater slip. I used it rotating with my UBH Protein Deep conditioner and my hair felt super.I'm working at Outdoor advertising services in Kochi but with time I started to sense like I had protein build up so I had to take hold of my Queen Helena moisturizing DC. all the identical, it's sincerely brilliant for a mild protein DC and as for the claim on thickening the hair

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!