Saturday 25 March 2017

Comb Free Washday & Trying out some good stuff! (product reviews inclusive)




Hi loves, hope you had a blessed week?  I relaxed my hair two weeks ago at 12 weeks post relaxer. I didnt write a post on it because i really didnt do much. Just my normal relaxer routine and length check wasnt for this relaxer day. I'm trying to reduce my flat ironing to twice a year so length checks will also be twice a year.

Wet pony tail, after rising out DC on Relaxer day. I Relaxed with ORS No-lye relaxer kit.


Dry, moisturised double pony tail (the day after relaxing).


For this washday i used entirely new products from start to finish and i love everyone of them. I had you in mind and so i thought, why not write a washday post to share my awesome washday experience.

Neutrogena triple moisture DC, ORS hair Mayonnaise, As I Am so much moisture and As I Am Cleansing pudding.




•I started washday with a Protein Deep conditioning as my prepoo step.

In two big sections, I applied ORS Hair mayonnaise to my hair and then went under heat from my electric heat cap for 20 mins.

• Shampooed using As I Am Cleansing pudding.

A mild cleanser that left my hair feeling really soft. One could mistake this as a conditioner. It doesnt really lather much and is smells so heavenly! It was more like i was pamparing my hair with milk or ice cream...lol. It is sulphate free However, I would substitute this cleanser  with my Beauty Formulas Tea Tree shampoo (this one contains sulphates) once a month for deep cleansing.

Left: after rinsing out shampoo.
Right: Hair wth Neutrogena 


• Deep conditioned using Neutrogena Triple Moisture DC.



This DC is reaaally thick! Its a moisturising DC and i have seen so many good reviews on it. I saw it at the supermarket and was sooo happy that i'd soon give it a try. I applied It to my hair in two sections, wore my steaming cap and applied heat via my electric Heat cap for 30 mins. Rinsed it off and my hair felt really great. It was soft and also tangle free.

• Moisturise

I moisturised with As I Am so much moisture Hydrating lotion. This one is my favourite of the three As I Am products that i got. I use it as a daily moisuriser and it leaves my hair really soft and shiny too.

• Seal in that moisture!



 I then sealed with Simply Organics Jojoba oil. I also applied some of the oil to my scalp and did a quick scalp massage. As you may or may not know, Jojoba oils is said to be the closest oil to the Natural Oil produced by the scalp (sebum). Jojoba oil is really light, great for scalp massages as it conditions and nourishes the scalp for faster hair growth. You can get the oil from Sizzelle online store.

•Styling



I blowdried my hair on warm air till it was about 80% dry. I always blowdry in small sections and this time i put the dry sections in twists before moving on to dry the next. I use the tension method. This method stretches my hair really well.



Thats it for this washday. All the products i used were effective as a fact i am totally falling in love with my As I Am products. There is one more that i didnt use for this washday and that is the Moisture Milk daily hair Revitalizer. Its also a great product and its creamy too.



This washday was also comb free but i would like to also clarify that i used my fingers to detangle my hair. So even if you want to have a comb free washday do try to finger detangle your hair at Intervals to prevent serious matting. Also use water to your advantage. While rinsing out shampoo or DC the water should flow in one straight direction and you just have to run your hands through your hair in thesame straight direction of the water. This will also help reduce roughness and tangling.

Keep in mind while soaking off water from your hair using T-shirt or towel it is 'wrap around and let it stay on to absorb the water for 5-10mins' not 'rub and scratch and shake the the T-shirt or towel around for 5-10mins.

If you have used any of the products i used for this washday before, tell us about it via the comments...i'd love to hear from you!😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed Post!