Monday 24 June 2019

Hair Update June 2019: Setback Recovery.

Hello loves, hope you're having a lovely week? This is basically an update on how far my hair has recoverd from the setback early last year.


December 2018, inverted v was gradually setting in and hair becoming thinner.




Somewhere between July - November 2018


If you didn't know already, i reached midback length at about the last quarter of 2017 and then i decided i would get my hair dyed (coloured) for a change. I then went to a hair salon to get it colored, i thought the stylist had good knowledge of haircut because it was a natural hair saloon but the way she combed my hair was a different story. My hair broke so bad even before the dye application. I started nursing my hair back to health and since then i have had two more dye applications that i did by myself at home with no breakage whatsoever. At about April 2018 i started using my hair growth oil mix - Extreme hair growth elixir and my hair began to grow in thicker. Then the colored parts of my hair began to get thinner. My hair lost length and volume. As if that wasn't enough, i began experiencing uneven ends - the inverted v ends to be precise.

Wet hair showing the inverted V

What followed was months of trimming. At some point i would generally just keep my hair away either in cornrows under a wig or crotchet protective hairstyles. This did nothing for the inverted v. On two occassions i took off between 2-3 inches at once just so the sides are as short as the middle. It took quite a long time but I'm glad my hair has thrived. The road to setback recovery is never an easy one. Most times the look of the ends gets me frustrated and i keep asking myself if it would ever try to even out. Times like this when i'm less motivated when i close my eyes to sleep i keep getting images of my hair being so long and healthy like before and i just suddenly get back the zeal to keep going and keep trimming. I have to say that my haircare journey is a big part of my life. I felt like i had nothing to talk blog about, like my hair journey is at a stand still - except for hair growth. I started trimming according to the moon phase this month of June and i intend to continue till the end of the year (these ends must get thicker!! Lol)


Fuller bun! - April 2019 after relaxer application

Back view of bun


 Now i can say i have fully recovered from the set back i had in January 2018. I have confused (yet again) the inverted v shaped ends. It took me 1yr 6 months to even out my ends. My hair was generally hovering between armpit length and bra strap length So much growth and trimming (was midback length before the set back) Now i can say, enough with the trimming. Time for some serious hair growing 🥳🥳 Thanks to Extreme Hair Growth elixir my new growth keeps coming in thicker and I'm gradually getting my hair thickness back. The color has faded off considerably too. I'm currently 11weeks post relaxer.

Better even ends - June 2019

Would i do another color touch up? No. My hair is better off without it. The times i had my natural hair color my hair was at its healthiest. If i hadn't colored my hair i would be well at Waist length by now considering that i got to midback length a little over a year and six months ago.  So no more clolour, no more flat ironing, finger combing 90% of the time. Will do an update on length in December.

I'd love to hear from you, leave a comment and let me know if you would love to learn about the trimming according to moon dates. I have tried it earlier on in my hair journey and i got positive results.

Much love from Juditherese xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed Post!