Thursday 20 November 2014

Washday & Flexi Rod set

Hey lovelies!! I'm behind on posts... so sorry about that :-( I have just been really busy! I'm glad i finally got to write this post.
       
         This wash day happened last Saturday. I was quite excited because i tried something new but i want to use it for sometime before giving a review and that is Palm Kernel oil. I have seen good reviews on it...but hey! what works for people may not work for you...lol.  Here's a quick run down on how it went.
washday procedure:
*oil prepoo with palm kernel oil
*finger detangle and covered with plastic cap for hours...lol
*shampooed it off with my lavender shampoo
*wrapped head for 15mins
*deep conditioned with ORS replenishing conditioner for about an hour

*rinsed out and wrapped my head with towel.
*detangled gently with wide tooth comb..
Now here's my flexi rod procedure.
* my hair was washed in sections so i parted with my fingers to create smaller sections.
*moisturised and sealed sparingly
*applied my lusti organics holding spray and
*combed through a section.
*rolled the rods tightly onto the hair and bent the ends of the rods to secure it.
*all these happened in the evening so i went to bed with the rods on my head and... its not a pleasant experience at all... i couldn't sleep well for a long time until i found a way to lay my head without much pain and disturbance... (things that we do for our hair;-)...lol)
Installing flexi rods is best learnt by watching a flexi rod set video. There are so many YouTube videos that teach how to use flexi rods.
In the end my hair came out with lovely curls... but before the end of the day my hair got poofy and poofier :-( that the curls almost became unseen. I think i know the culprit because i have done flexi rods before and they lasted longer than a day.
(1) i failed to moisturise and seal well. I thought i could just skip this but i should have just stuck to what i always do.
(2) I am 9weeks post relaxer and combing my hair at this time is something i try to stay away from. So i combed but didn't make sure to really smoothen the section out before rolling on the rods.
I love all styles that gives my hair curls so i will definitely give flexi rods another try and i hope it lasts longer next time!
Here's a pic guide.
*second pic shows my hair with the flexi rods in...total of 25rods
*next upper shows after removal and the curls have not been separated...lower pic is after separating one section into two or three.
*last pic is Sunday afternoon...the curls got a bit poofy.
      
              how was your recent washday? tried any new products?
                   *much love  :-)*
       

4 comments:

  1. I think you are being hard on yourself. The hair looks nice. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm sisimi! ..maybe i am but you know that feeling when you put in alot of work and in the end it doesnt last :-( lol.
      Thanks for the kind words and goodluck on your hair journey!

      Delete
  2. Nice work dear!! maybe you should make out time for your blog, just some mins would be okay.. one post a day will keep the blog running!!! people are waiting!! take care..

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!