Monday 8 December 2014

Guest post: How to make coconut oil easily at home....by Dada Oluwakemi

Hey dearies! hope everyone is doing great?!
       This is my first guest post... Dada Oluwakemi a lovely reader of my blog who recently began her hair journey sent me a text on how she made her own coconut oil. I was so impressed that I decided to share plus her steps are so easy and straight forward. Even though i haven't made it myself yet i sure will do it some day following her steps. Here it is... so take down some notes, save the page anyhow u wish to :-).

What you need:
3-4 coconuts
a knife
chopping board
blender
a bowl
a piece of cloth or mesh or handkerchief for straining.
an empty container of your choice for storing the oil.

Her procedure:
I bought 4 coconut (didn't use all tho. Kept some to eat). I took the coconut out of the shell.. Chopped it into the size of baba blue sweet (lol) blended it(I added enough water so as to blend easily). Then I squeezed the milk out from the chaff. I covered it in a bowl for 24hours (so as to make the water separate from the cream).. After that I opened it and scraped the cream at the top and then threw the water below away. I boiled the scraped cream with medium heat(don't add water. Just keep stirring it and the oil will be coming out ). When the residue is completely brown and the oil  doesn't make any sound then you can put off the stove, gas, fire wood (lol). I Left it to cool, then sieved with handkerchief. Transfered it to a container and....Thats it:-)

Thank you for sharing with us Kemi we would try it out and see how it goes. For those who have a homemade recipes to share or a hair story even a tutorial on how you styled your hair its easy. Send me an email containing what you would like to share to juditheresennenna@gmail.com and you will be featured in no time.

Meanwhile the Naija hair can grow 6inches of hair growth challenge has come to an end. I will be joining the challenge next year. For those who don't know about it there are details on her blog. Visit and vote for who you think retained or had much hair growth.

Alright dearies...that's all for now! hope this post helped a cutie wondering how coconut oil can be made easily at home... *Much love*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed Post!