Monday 15 December 2014

How i styled my hair: A Bob & My Bun life! How to create a fuller bun

I haven't put up a 'how i styled my hair post' in weeks.... OMG!! Those who follow me on instagram may have seen the pictures of what happens to my hair in between washdays (IG @Juditherese). If you're not on instagram no worries i still post about all i do. So this will be a post on what i did to may hair before my last washday...

I know i bought a wig and i have worn it for about 2weeks... the thing is... i am beginning to love wearing my hair out more. Also friends who have seen my hair frown at the fact that i'm always keeping my hair out of sight. So few days before my coffee rinse washday i stretched my hair with the threading method and then made a faux Bob hairstyle (i got the idea from Naija girl next door blog... though i do it on my sisters natural hair, i haven't stretched my texlaxed hair with threads). I used rubber threads. Threaded each with about Six pieces (those in Nigeria will understand what i mean). I did mine at night....nobody wants to walk around looking like "Simbi" lol...

Here's the steps i followed for my threading:
*divide into about 5-8 sections
*moisturise and seal each section then
*detangle and thread each section one at a time.
*if you really need to stretch your new growth then thread tightly towards the bottom (not too tight...adjust the bottom as preferred).
*to sleep...bend the threads down and wrap your head with a scarf. It helps keep the threads in place while you sleep
*loosen the threads the next morning... your hair is stretched!
comb out and style.

After washday...this week I put my hair in a bun and i will be on my bun life till i relax my hair. I have a couple of things to do before i head back home... anyways.... yea... so do you prefer big buns as i do??? if yes...

here's how i make my bun bigger without having to use a bun filler!
*use a small pony tail holder and secure it just once.... don't go round twice or make it tight.
*wrap your hair a to create a loose bun.

Don't make it tight.... i don't know if you get the idea but the pictorial will show you what i mean. I advice you do it a fee times and get the technique of wrapping it loosely and still getting it to look nice and smooth.

Pic guide:
*first pic: stretching my hair with African threading.
*second pic: how to create a fuller bun.
*third pic: tight bun vs loose bun comparison.

PS: My sister is 1 year into her hair journey this December... her progress post will be up as soon as i get home... Will also relax and do a length check pretty soon. You wouldn't want to miss any of this posts...

                 *complements of the season...much love*
         

2 comments:

  1. I really like your bun. It's very full and thick. I've tried threading once but it may be something to revisit soon. Do you use rubber thread or weaving thread?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you sure need to give threading another try. I used rubber threads.

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!