Wednesday 31 December 2014

Relaxer Update and Length Check

I apologise for not posting this earlier...i had prepared this post before travelling for the christmas celebration but i had problems publishing this post while there. I published this as soon as i arrived.

 Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to you all!!!  This is my last update of the year. I relaxed my hair on the 18th of December and did a length check on blow dried hair
          
            Relaxer procedure:
I used Organic Root Stimulator No-lye Relaxer in normal strength. I started by parting my hair in four sections. Then detangled and twisted it into smaller 1inch sections on each of the four sections. Application and smoothing took me 12mins and i made sure i applied the new relaxer only to my new growth (it still overlapped a bit though). I'm new to using this relaxer and i didnt even do the strand test before relaxing. I think the front sections straighten more than i normally texlaxed it. This is surprising because the front parts of my hair is usually resistant and the back straightened easily but with this relaxer the reverse was the case. I plan on using half the activator next time i relax and that would be sometime in April because i don't want to end up switching from texlaxed to bone straight...i don't like the look of bone straight hair.

           Current Length:
 I'm still at armpit length about 2 inches away from bra strap length. About the length called below shoulder blade length.

I'm really happy with the health of my hair. The improvement in a year is so amazing. Dearies... being on a hair journey is fun and worth it too, just don't give up and dont compare your growth and progress with someone else. So there...this is the length check i will be using for the 6inches in 12months challenge hosted by Naijahaircangrow. I will give mini updates as i go along till the end of the year. I will do a mini length check at mid year next year. If possible join the challenge too as it will help you alot with being serious with hair growth and taking your hair health to another level...yes it will! thats the power of being in a competition :-)    

Will be back with my sisters 1 year natural heathy hair journey pics...enjoy the season.

                                                                    *much love*















2 comments:

  1. Hello Juditherese, it's really inspiring to see how much your hair has grown in few months... So I began my hair journey last year July but I'm yet to find a moisturizer that works for my hair. Please can u tell me the moisturizer u use for your hair other than organics kids olive oil plus Shea butter... Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fauzy! the moisturiser i now use is Organic Root stimulator olive oil moisturising hair lotion. I mixed mine with water and glycerine because its very thick. I will do a post on it pretty soon. BTW...Goodluck on your hair journey :-)

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!