Thursday 26 March 2015

washday at 14weeks post






Hey cuties! :-) hope all is well at your end?! All is well for me too and we thank God for that! I'm home now that means you will be getting a natural hair washday and update soon enough.

I had my washday yesterday and it was ok (at least till it was time for me to detangle...lol). Here's how it went...

(1) The prepoo: I parted my hair into 3 big sections then applied pre heated coconut oil to my scalp and a little down my hair. I then added some VO5 conditioner and then sprayed detangler ontop. I did all these because I feared detangling will be stressful since I didn't detangle it the past week and I haven't washed my hair for 2weeks plus.

I don't know why the ends in the first pic looks invinsible..lol but take this as a first quarter of the year length check...that's if you ignore the plenty new growth  :-)


(2) Detangling: I used my wide tooth comb to detangle the length of my hair thoroughly and then tried my best to detangle the roots with fingers alone.

(3) Shampoo: I shampooed with ORS creamy aloe shampoo but found out it didn't cleanse my scalp enough so I used VO5 again. I did some scalp scratching just to lift off some dirts which may still be on my scalp. Then I rinsed off (I used warm water) and wrapped my head with towel to absorb the water dripping from my hair.

(4) Deep conditioning: I deep conditioned by applying Organics by Africa's best hair Mayonnaise. Left it on for 30 mins and rinsed out. Then wrapped my head again.

(5) moisturised and sealed my hair....fingerdetangled again...boy it was tough this time...i ripped a knot from my hair that wouldnt unravel :-( (it was about 6inches long) and put my hair Into 10 twists to airdry overnight.



The next day after my hair was fully dried I took down a twist and found out that It was matted up again...pretty bad. I sprayed detangler and started to work on each section again and ripped out 2 Other knot....phew! It was a struggle...those stretching for 14weeks and longer, I hail you! Chai

After everything my hair survived and ended up in a thick beautiful bun and I'm a happy girl :-)


5 comments:

  1. Single strand knots are the worst that's why my choice of styling after 10weeks post is to stretch my new growth. Flexi rods work like a charm. Cute bun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear :-) i will try more flexi rod sets on my next relaxer stretch. I see how you get lovely curls with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 16 weeks post. Lol. Anyway. Ors creamy aloe didn't clean your hair?? Thats a first. Sorry for all those knots. They suck. Than bun though ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes dear...it didnt because i had not washed my hair for going to 3 weeks and there were lots of oils on my scalp. I also didnt want to lather so many times so i had to use the VO5. lol... a first for you...so many times for me...

      Delete
  4. Oh my! Those stubborn knots. Lovely bun

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!