Saturday 14 March 2015

What to do with a thick moisturiser/Product Review

Hey cuties! I got a moisturiser, ORS moisturising hair lotion (i previously use Kids organics by Africas best). I got the moisturiser for #900. At first i didnt like the moisturiser...its too thick getting it out from the container is a problem and it involves much shaking and squeezing...lol. The thickness was due to the fact that it contained Petrolatum. I didnt check the ingredient list so this serves as a reminder to me and y'al... ALWAYS CHECK THE INGREDIENT LIST OF PRODUCTS YOU BUY!

I like the product though... its smell is nice and i love how my hair feels on application. So to save me the stress of getting it out of the bottle i diluted it. Yes dilution will not spoil your products if you do it right. Heres how i diluted mine.


Firstly i put water in a spray bottle, then added little glycerine (still havent gotten the right measuring apparatus but hopefully you can see from the pic the quantities i used). Its about two spoonfull of glycerine (i only pictured the bottle with the water and gly already mixed). The glycerine helps to add some moisturising properties to compensate for the ones that would have been lost to dilution.


I added some ORS moisturiser and then Shake shake ShakE!! This can be adjusted to the consistency you like...you could use less glycerine or more water or less water...just customise anyhow you like :-) This way you could make good use of a moisturiser or Deep conditioner you love thats too thick.

This mix has been wonderfull for my hair and it keeps mybhair hydrated for up to 3 days! moisturising and sealing has changed from daily or every every two days to twice a week for me. I would definitely repurchase this because i love it!
       
moisturiser added to water and glycerine mix

level of water and glycerine mix

Finished product.

My next post will be an update on my relaxer stretch so far.

Hope this helps a cutie out.... *much love*

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea. How many weeks post currently?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nisa :-) i'm 12wks and some days post relaxer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thinking, you might want to keep it in the fridge to prevent it from going bad now that you have changed the original chemical content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No dear...it doesnt go bad because its not organic ingredients.

      Delete
    2. I would have kept it in a fridge if i mixed with natural stuffs like banana or avocado...As a matter of fact i have used this method with my kids organics moisturiser to make it last longer( that was before i started blogging...months ago). I mixed half the normal lotion and kept it...it didnt get spoilt at all.

      Delete
    3. Aww ok I guess it works for some :-) I did this once with the exact same moisturizer except I probably added much more water and I added a moisture mist. It went bad after 2 weeks :-( it had a terrible smell...

      Delete
  4. Nice post. This is a great idea. Where do I get glycerine? It is so great to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolapo, the glycerine i use is the one sold at cosmetic shops.

      Delete

Most Viewed Post!