Wednesday 24 June 2015

Natural hair Trim, length check and washday

Hey yall, two posts coming up on the same day...hope it isn't too much :-) my sisters hair journey posts have been missing from this blog for a while. This is just a rough length check post plus I did a trim the last time I made her hair. Her last hairstyle was very big threading and i took off roughly between 0.5" - 1" as I threaded.

This trimming method is so easy and you can also use this method for dusting natural hair. Unless you want to get a 'shaped cut' or even blunt end trim then you may have to go to a stylist. However I adjusted my sisters trimming. Regimen to once in 6 months that is twice a year and reguler dusting inbetween (with the same method but take out wayyy less hair...about 0.2 lol)



It was a much needed trim because all we did for a year was dusting. Her ends look better now. So our trim routine will be twice a year



A little length check for you guys..
.. It's not a proper length check because we didn't flat iron...but it gives an idea of where her hair length is. I think it's about 2-3 inches from armpit length. We have a goal of getting there by December and we will do a flat iron, length check and Trim.



Onto the washday procedure!
I started by fingerdetangling her hair with okra detangler mixed with conditioner. Divided her hair into four parts, then covered her hair with shower cap to serve as a pre shampoo treat.

After an hour I shampooed her hair with ORS creamy aloe shampoo (been using this for her hair since she started her hhj) It just ran out so I have to repurchase.

After shampoo same ole produre follows; wrap head up for 15mins then apply deep conditioner. I used Organics by Africa's best olive oil deep conditioner mixed with VO5 herbal escapes pomegranate and grape seed extract conditioner. Left it on for 2hours then rinsed out...all these still happening while her hair is still in four sections.

I then wrap her head up for 30 mins and to each section, I oiled her scalp with castor oil. Spritzed detangleer on the length of her hair and sealed with raw Shea butter to seal in moisture. I finger detangled the sections again and threaded the section. Hair lost this washday was very minimal.






Her hair airdryed over night and I did a mini threaded hairstyle For school...the style should keep for 2 weeks.

So that's it for her washday for the month of June... It's a wrap ladies...lol

                      *muah


2 comments:

  1. I like that trimming method, my first time seeing that though. Your sister's hair has really grown o, last time i checked was around shoulder length or am i wrong? Nice post.

    hairlevation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct, I can say her hair grows a bit fast..being that she is so lazy about her daily routine...she barely does scalp massages or oil her scalp during the week. It's now a 'washday only' affair

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!