Wednesday 24 June 2015

Update on my Bantu Knot Out plus Hair tips

Hello sweeties, so, remember on my last washday post I did a bantu knot out and I clearly stated that I used absolutely no styling aid or setting lotion or curl definer. While it was my first time doing a curly style without any styling aid (I usualy use lusti organics olive oil holding spray), it wasn't deliberate. I wasn't expecting to have successful curls. It was just a way of airdrying and stretching my hair. You wount believe the curls lasted almost a week! Precisely I took it down myself on the 6th Day! It's the longest any curly style ever lasted for me.

Roller Set

Flexi rod set

Now I did a few things to maintain it...things I normally do except for the last tip I listed.
*when I'm going to bathe I flip my head down and tie my hair up like in the pic below. This helps keep your hair up and out of the way so water doesn't come in contact with the curls.


  • I tie my hair up when going to sleep....same way I tie it up when I'm about to take my bath.

  • I oiled my scalp just so that it wount get So dry. I didn't usually do this for other sets because they didn't last. I oiled twice.
How i tie my hair up
                                       

Now dearies....before you get me wrong... The aim of this post is not to say I found a new method, stop using styling products or setting lotions or curl definer because your curls will come out great....No. But I thought hard on the difference between that washday and the rest.What did I do differently?Why did the curls last longer?


Here are the tips I came up with:
(1) Too much products. I didn't use much products unlike before when after rinsing out the DC I would apply moisturizer then seal. It's simple...if you layer products on your hair it will weigh down your hair and this will make your curls last longer. I absolutely think omission of the moisturising step and just sealing my damp hair with oil has something to do with the curls lasting longer. After all a DC conditions the hair...and you don't rinse it off completely.

(2) It was a glycerine free washday. You may already know that glycerine is a humesant (draws moisture from the surrounding into our hair) we like to add an extra to our DC's  and leave ins. The presence of glycerine in your hair will cause it to absorb moisture whether you are taking your shower or cooking or in a humid place. Even if its in your DC and you have rinsed out No doubt its effect will still be felt meaning its still present. If you want your curls to last...Then leave the glycerine for another washday.


(3) Have in mind how long you want the curls to last. This will only help you to not freak out like me. I was just....oh well..let me see how long these curls would last. But deep inside I felt like I needed to moisturise my hair. I got tired of the thoughts and just took it down on the 6th day but I'm very sure it would have lasted longer. There's no need styling your hair and hoping it get to 2weeks because you will definitely need to moisturise.


So decide within yourself how long you would want it to last.

(4) Proper maintenance. Being careful when separating the curls. If you are the type that turns around alot when you sleep...never go to bed without tying your curls up. Don't always stick your hands in your hair like you're stroking it cause you love how it looks... It will loosen the curls.

So there! If you were wondering how you can get your curls to last longer these tips will definitely help you out.





3 comments:

  1. Okay now i'm loving this. I've gained much here and dunno where to start from but the only thing i can say is thank you for posting this girlfriend. Bless You!!!

    hairlevation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for you post ,Using lots of treatment can make our hair bad but the tip you show us is very important which allow our hair strong and shiny
    Best Hair Transplant in Ahmedabad

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!