Wednesday 27 April 2016

The Washday Experience: My bun is getting bigger! Plus CON VS ORS + Elasta Qp



Hey cuties :-)  I'm back with my washday posts. For this washday I followed my usual routine.  I did something I haven't done in a long time which is Prepoo in with Extra Virgin olive oil and I loved it. For some months I had used my Herbal Essences BYE bye breakage conditioner and I was lured into using it everywashday by the softness it gives my hair which allows easy finger detangling.  Nonetheless less I'll still have a bit of swaps so I use oil some wash days and conditioner some other washdays instead of a crazy product marathon lol. Here are the steps I followed for this washday:


1. I sprayed my hair with mane n tail detangler (I had to use this because  my hair was very matted from a twist out I did earlier) then Finger detangled my hair to loosen the tangles and I followed up with my small brush. I made sections as I went along.



2. To each of the sections I applied Olive oil and twisted it up, then covered my hair for 30 mons. This is the prepoo step.

3. I shampooed my scalp with my VO5 shampoo (I have no issues with using sulphate shampoos and all  VO5 shampoos I have used have left my hair soft after use) I use it diluted.



4. Wrapped my hair in a towel to absorb excess water then I applied my Deep conditioners. I had a little Creme of Nature intensive conditioning DC that came with relaxer because I didn't use it all on relaxer day so I decided to do a comparison between it and my Elasta Qp DPR 11 penetrating Conditioner mixed with ORS replenishing conditioner and some Avocado oil.  Mehn this is quite a competitive comparison! Don't you think?

5. Rinsed out the DC's and wrapped my hair to soak up excess water.  I then applied my leave ins - Cantu Shea butter leave in Conditioner and sealed with some Shea butter.

I set my blow dryer to the medium speed warm air setting and blowdried  my hair using the tension method (blow dry while pulling your hair taut).





Then I put my hair in a top bun as my protective style of the week :-)



THE RESULTS Of MY COMPARISON FROM STEP 4
Creme of nature intensive conditioning leave in VS Elasta Qp DPR 11 penetrating Conditioner mixed with ORS replenishing conditioner and some Avocado oil

I applied the  CON to the front sections of my hair and upon rinsing out my hair felt really soft! And there was so much slip that I ran my fingers through my hair without any issues. I always experienced this but I thought it was due to the fact that my hair was soft from the relaxer because I've only used it on relaxer day.

The other ORS n Elasta Qp mixed with Avocado oil did the same. Gave me really soft hair and the slip was the reason I added the ORS.

All in all judging from the feel of my hair and also without having to mix up concoctions to get maximum satisfaction the Creme Of Nature intensive conditioning DC  wins. I'm on the look out for it now so I'll use it whenever I need that INTENSIVE conditioning. Lol.

Have you tried the CON intensive conditioning DC before?


5 comments:

  1. Lovely bun, very soon you will be grazing waist length.

    https://naturallykinkyme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so :-) thanks for stopping by dear!

      Delete
  2. Your bun is everything! Yes, I have used CON, it made my hair soft but it did not last longer than 1 or 2 days from what I remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear :-) oh yes... It would be much better if it lasted for longer. I just moisturise and seal to make up for the lost moisture.

      Delete
  3. Kabera Global provides Best Hair Treatment in Delhi. Hair Transplant In Delhi

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!