Wednesday 4 May 2016

How I style my hair: My most defined twist out!

Hi there! :-) So, I kept my hair in a top bun as seen in my previous  post for the entire week. I did take it down midweek to moisturise and seal then I put it back in the top bun.  For this week I decided to do a twist out. 

I started on a week old blowdried hair and I moisturised my hair lightly. The only setting product I used is Beautiful Textures Curl Control Defining pudding. 

My Styler for this Twist out. 


So I divided my hair into sections and detangled with a wide tooth comb. Then I twisted all the sections up. 



To each vertical section I split the hair in two smaller sections and clip one section out of the way. 


I smoothen some of the beautiful textures curl defining pudding to the section making sure that I don't apply too much because I didn't want my hair to revert. Then I twisted tightly but starting with flat twists at the base and the normal twists at the length of the hair. This is what it looked like when I was done. 




I left it overnight and unraveled it the next morning to reveal  beautiful twist out.  The best twist out definition I've gotten so far.  This is my second time using the Beautiful textures curl defining pudding since I purchased it last year and I love the definition it gives my twist out. It's gives a nice sheen to my hair too.  However the downside of this styler is that it doesn't really leave your hair soft. Unlike the Lotta body moisturise me curl and style milk which provides enough moisture while holding a style,  this one requires you to probably mist your hair every day with a moisturising spritz because it's not in anyway moisturising. I'd most love a product that can give me awesome definition while leaving my hair soft and smooth. 

Day #1 Twist outs 


Close view

Day 3 in the pic below. The curls held up pretty well till day 3!

Day #3 my favourite! 


Have you tried the Beautiful Textures Curl Defining pudding before? Share your thoughts on it :-) 

4 comments:

  1. Yes I've tried it and I love the results,I love their deep conditioner too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice :-) It really gives great definition and shine.

      Delete
  2. YASSS!!! To the definition in this twist out! That beautiful textures product reminds me of SM Curl Enchancing Smoothie. (For my hair) It's not the kind of product that I can use alone. I have to layer it first with a moisturizer then I can use it to get definition and a soft hold.

    Did the Beautiful Textures leave a residue?

    Thanks for sharing!
    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to use it well I'll have to moisturise my hair really well first.
    No it didn't leave any form of residue. Thanks for stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!