Tuesday 10 May 2016

Natrol Biotin Review

Hey cuties :-) so this is post is a review on the first ever supplement I've had for my hair and nails. I got the Natrol biotin specifically for my nails but I'm not going to act like it doesn't also do good to the hair and skin as well.

I got the one of 5000 mcg and straw berry flavoured 


So I got the Natrol Biotin from olori online store and I got it in January before the prices of everything went up. I chose to start with the 5000 mcg and see how my body reacts to it before trying out the 10,000mcg. I started taking the supplement on the 28th of January and it lasted till the first week of April just some days after my Relaxer. It would have lasted the complete three months if I had not increased my dose to two tablets a day in the second month meaning I got to try out how 10,000mcg would react too and I tell you there was no pimples reaction whatsoever. I did make sure I drank up to 1.5litres of water a day though.
Here's my review...


My Nails
My nails responded to the supplement and grew really fast. The only problem was that I have soft nails and they almost break at the same rate with which they are growing. I tried looking out for the nail hardener  that Naija girl next door suggested and I was given the transparent nail polish. I used it on my nails and I'm not convinced that I got the actual nail hardener. If that's it then my nails need a harder nail hardener lol.



The longest my nails have been in a long time... Lol 


I'm not yet satisfied with my nails... The biotin made them grow so fast so it did pretty well for my nails. I just have to find a way to get them Harder.

 My Hair
I know some people are more interested in this aspect but sadly I don't have any accurate pictures to give you an idea of the difference in length. However I have this pic I took on my red Bra after my Relaxer in January and so I took another one after the 9weeks stretch for comparison sake. But relaxing my hair at just 9weeks post relaxer is enough reason to conclude that I had some good hair growth too. I had nothing less than 1.5inches within that time. So hair wise it's awesome.

I don't really use this Bra to check if I'm at BSL because the strap is high up my back than the strap of the black one. So I'm not BSL yet. 


Will I repurchase? If the current price on the website is reduced I would definitely get the 10,000 mag.

 I'm currently not on the supplements but I'm considering trying out The Mane Choice Manetabolism  vitamins. I hope to follow up by applying coconut oil to my nails.  I was told this helps to make the nails stronger to resist breakage.

Ps: I won a give away on Instagram hosted by the Mane choice Africa and I got their Shampoo, conditioner and leave in Conditioner. I had washday with these products already and will be telling you how it went down soon.



6 comments:

  1. I realize taking a higher dose of biotin works well for me too but I've since switched to hair skin and nails vitamins for wholistic health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize taking a higher dose of biotin works well for me too but I've since switched to hair skin and nails vitamins for wholistic health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing information,Your tips for hair growth is very helpful. Women Hair Transplant in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started taking 5000mcg biotin 3 days ago and woke up with a rash all over my face. My scalp is also very itchy and sensitive since I've started taking it. Would you suggest I take it with something else? Another vitamin perhaps? if so, which one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank for Sharing this amazing Blog Content & its very Informative.
    buy Indian Hair Online

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!