Tuesday 10 January 2017

2016 Hair Goals Review & Only 3 Goals for 2017?!




Remember how i felt when i was seconds into 2016?  Remember me saying i didnt know what to hope or wish for ? How i thought 2016 would hold alot of surprises for me ?

 Well it was indeed an Unpredictable year. The year started off well but getting to the middle of the year alot of things started happening and it caused me to be away from blogging for months till the end of the year. Guess what? I smiled on entering 2017. I even went out with my friends. I felt joy like I'm about to have a good year. I'm so thankful to God for all that happened the previous year. It happened to shapen me and prepare me for the blessings i believe are coming my way this year.


Here's a review of my goals for 2016.


*Eat healthy

I kind of tried my best but at the middle of the year i had a breakdown both physically and emotionally. I became quite unhealthy and my hair growth rate reduced drastically. I was battling with getting up to an inch of growth in 3 months.

*Keep up with my protective styling

When im not in a good mood i dont touch my hair. It helped me alot. 90% of the time my hair was in a simple protective style. I didnt do Roller sets the entire year, i didnt do flexi rods sets half as often as i used to, bantu knot outs were in big chunks that created loose waves. I did pretty good.

*Get a Deep conditioning cap to help with my deep condirioning sessions !

I purchased a deep conditioning cap :-) my hair has been grateful for it.


*Exercise at least 4 times per week

I never keep up with exercise routines (hides head in shame)

*Take a multivitamin for my nails

I purchased Natrol biotin in the early months of 2016 and took it for just a lil over 2 months. My nails grew fast but still broke. My hair grew fast but i didnt repurchase after i ran out of the supply.

*Be full midback length by december 2016.



I didnt achieve this goal as midback length is about an inch or two inches away, but i was close enough to say i'm grazing MBL.

*Improve on my blog
I totally flawed on this one when i took a hiatus from the blog. But i will try my best to make sure this doesnt happen again this year.

Moving forward... My 2017 hair goals are:


Yes you read right. I have just 3 goals which is like a summary of many separate goals.

Health
My goal is to be healthy because good health of mind and body accelerates hair growth. Eat more healthy food and take fruits more regularly. I most likely will be adding supplements to my diet.

Strength
I just have to keep my love for my readers burning. I just have to be strong and not let everything affect my blogging. Interactive, educative and fun posts will keep rolling in, i just have to stay motivated and inspire myself to write more.

Length
I'm taking my hair growth journey to a whole new level. I am focusing on growth this year and i am sharing my tips and tricks along the way. Waist length by December 2017 is what i am shooting for. I spent last year maintaining my ends and It was healthy all through the year. I will be adding supplements to my regimen as well. This time i am not focusing on my nails, i am focusing on visible increase in my hair length. Length retention techniques will also be at its max and i just might change up my entire hair Regimen including the products i use.

My next post will tell you how I kept my ends healthy and breakage free hence preventing my set back of december 2016 from repeating itself ! Watch out for that post because you would not want to miss it !

Did you achieve your set goals for the past year ?



1 comment:

  1. Hi,early last year was okay but towards the end I became too busy n couldn't achieve my goal length but is still healthy...wish u luck this year

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!