Monday 30 January 2017

Washday: curly bun




Hello loves!  Hope you're doing great?!  I'm back with my usual washday posts and washdays for this year would get really interesting this year because we would be having washday collabs and possibly awesome protective styles too.

So newbie bloggers hit me up via a direct message on my Instagram @Juditherese or via my email :-)


Heres how washday went...

I followed my usual washday procedure except that i used different products. At just 5 weeks post have started dealing with serious matting. Its been two weeks and days since my last washday and i admit i didnt moisturise and seal my hair as often as i do. And when i moisturise and seal i usually do some finger detangling. So i spent about more than an hour separating the clumps :-(


After detangling...phew

Prepoo: I prepooed with coconut oil and wore my heat cap for 15 mins. So it was more like a hot oil treatment.

Shampoo: i shampooed with Beauty Formulas Australian Tea Tree deep cleansing Shampoo.  I grabbed this one at Cassabella beauty on a visit to the Portharcourt mall with my bestie. Its a sulphate shampoo but i was attracted to the packaging and i kind of like the shampoo too. It didnt make my hair excessively drying or cause serious matting.



Deep conditioning: I deep conditioned with Trader Joes nourish spa balanced moisturising conditioner mixed with some drops of Peppermint essential oil. I again used my heat cap for 30 mins. My scalp was really cool and soothing :-)

I rinsed out the DC and followed up with a coffee rinse. Rinsed it off after 4 mins. Then wrapped my head in a tshirt.

Moisturise and seal: with Hawaiian silky 14-in-1 miracle moisturiser and detangled my hair using a wide tooth comb. Then sealed with coconut oil.

Note: all through washday my hair is in 4 sections.

Styling: applied heat protectact and blow dried my hair using the warm setting till it was almost dry. Then did about 12 bantuknots. Blowdried my hair again and took the knots out. Put my hair in a top bun and took pics for y'all :-)



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful hair and styling. Lovely post. Out of curiosity, what happens as a result of the coffee rinse?

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!