Monday 9 January 2017

Wash day: A wasn n go kind of Welcome !


Happy New Year loves ! Welcome to 2017!!!  Thank God for keeping us alive and well to see another amazing year ! Hope you and your Families had a wonderful Celebration ?

Following my last post i wore my wig all through the Christmas and New Year Celebrations because i travelled with my family to Anambra state and the harmattan there is quite strong.  I couldnt resist slapping on my wig. I am back now and back to my normal routine and washday happened today.

It was a really straight forward washday. I followed my usual steps but only that i did a wash n go.


Heres my procedure:

1. Applied Doo grow mega thick conditioner (its a light protein conditioner) and covered my hair with a plastic cap for up to an hour. This served as my prepoo step.

2. Detangled using just my fingers gently.

3. Shampooed with diluted VO5 shampoo

4. Deep conditioned with my mix of ORS Replenishing conditioner + Elasta QP penetratibg conditioner + avocado oil and some drops of peppermint essential oil (This is an excellent moisturising treatment. Its actually an old mix and i am still surprised to have some left overs, i used it all up for this washday). I then wore my heat cap and let it sit for 30mins before rinsing it out.

4. Wrapped my head in a cotton shirt and went to bed. The next morning i sectioned my soft damp hair into quadrants and applied just my Eco styler gel. Separated my strands and let it airdry.


To create this style this is what i did.

1. I divided the front section of my hair and made a flat twist. Then added the accessories.

2. Next i applied some gel on my edges leaving out the ones i would create the laid edges design with.

3. Tied the front section that i applied gel to the back with a scarf for about an hour.

4. Removed the scarf and applied gel to the leave out to create designs on my edges. Voila !


I didnt want to repeat the style i did on my last wash n go even though i didnt blog about it because i had in mind to show it to you. Here it is.



I will do a video showing my wash n go styles. Make sure you are following me on Instagram so you wont miss out on my short videos :-)

Please note that i do NOT consider a wash n go as a protective style. As you can see my ends are free and brushing on my shoulders. Its more suceptible to breakage and dryness this way so i only leave my wash n go for a day. I just switch it into a high bun or two buns (which is what i am currently on) for the rest of the week.

My Next post is a review of my 2016 goals and a reveal of my goals for 2017 as well as make a few additions to keep you stalking Juditherese haircare blog !


3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the wash n go styles you've posted!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and Welcome back home! (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it was wonderful reading this piece of write-up. All your posts are generally very good.

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!