Thursday 21 December 2017

Relaxer update & End of year length check

Hey loves! Complements of the season! Happy harmattan to my Nigerian readers! Lol. How's the harmattan treating you? There's just a lot of write ups about your hair and the harmattan season, enough to not leave you stranded so if your hair still feels dry like straw, you're not doing something right. Best still, wear a wig or do a protective style so you don't damage your hair by putting your hands in it every single day. I also did a post about the how to curb dryness in the harmattan so you can check it out here.

Harmattan and Hair: How I curb dryness

So my loves, ive been away from the blog so long and I've missed you all.
I know I don't see you but y'all may know that there's still a relationship you get when you're really used to doing something and expecting response from people. To my loves who check on me from time to time, cos I see the page views counting like whoa! I honestly dunno where to start apologising but forgive me biko (please). Something got in the way.



Since I started making crotchet extensions and wigs I just couldn't balance things and end up over working myself and leaving so many other things behind with no time to tend to them. Sadly, my blog was one of the things I left behind. I tell you loves, there's nothing more beneficial in your hair journey than protective styling! I didn't even oil my scalp or did any scalp massages for weeks. Hair still grew! Length is still retained. Though not so much but there wasnt much much breakage, no not a setback.

Washing my hair went down to whenever I'm changing a protective style and its like once in 3-4 weeks. Yea I know that's bad but it was the only thing that suits my schedule.



I plan to wear a wig all through this season and give kind attention to my hair. So I started by relaxing my hair. I honeslty wanted to see if my hair still reaches my bra lol. So I relaxed my hair with my trusted ORS No-lye relaxer in normal strength and it was a really successful relaxer application. I followed my normal routine (coating my previously relaxed hair, application and smoothening took 20 mins, neutralized the shampoo 3 times) and used everything provided in the kit. The only thing I did differently which was rather unplanned is before I blow dried my hair I applied the setting lotion on damp hair and sprayed my Motions marula hair therapy oil on it. I was about to pick up my hand dryer when the electricity went off. I had to cover my hair in a plactic bag and covered it with a wig cap. It stayed that way till night time. When I wanted to blow dry my hair felt awesomely soft and literally melted in my hands! A really nice feeling my mum and my sis couldn't stop feeling it lol. So I quickly sealed that love in with Shea butter and blow dried my hair. I used hot air and finished off with a blast of cold air. Believe me it still had enough softness and sheen to it. My hair feels awesomely moisturised that I'm starting to think... that unplanned routine has found its way into My relaxer day routine.

Wet hair with deep conditioner in


Here's my last length check pic of the year. I hope to be regular with my blog posts soon. Look out for my next post I've got a lot of things to share with you!

Blow dried hair. I got it pretty straight for a length check.


Much love, Juditherese.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed Post!