Thursday 2 April 2015

Natural Hair washday: A twistout without the actual twisting but with threading




Hello there! how do you do? Its been quite a long time since I updated you on my sisters washday and hair journey in general. Its going fine and her hair regimen has been the same. She's currently 3 Inches away from arm pit length and her goal is to be there by December. Here's a length check pic.


She's actually full shoulder length. We have plans on straightening her hair by December to mark her 2 year hair journey. We had washday at the end of the month of march and this is how it went...everything is as usual.
(1) prepoo with coconut oil 
(2) finger detangle gently to remove shed hair
(3) shampoo with ORS creamy aloe shampooon scalp and it was rinsed down the length of the hair. 
(4) deep conditioned with ORS hair mayonnaise for some strength as she plans to get a protective style with extensions for the Easter celebration. 
(5)wrapped it up for 15 mins to soak up excess water .


 She did the washday herself then I proceeded to apply Kids organics moisturiser then raw Shea butter on top of that and applied castor oil to her scalp. 

Never wash your natural hair while its loose...it will tangle and be so hard to comb. Her hair was washed in this twist... I later put bands at the base to secure it.


            (Don't mind the big earrings...she insisted on wearing it for the photo...lol)


POST WASH HAIR STYLE
I had to stretch her hair like I usually do but this time I aimed for a nice wavy if not curly style. I really do not know the name of this style but I have known it since I was a kid and its usually done on extensions...what we localy call 'attachment' :-)

I just made sure the hair wasn't dry and I sprinkled some water and added moisturiser to the parts that were beginning to dry up. 
*If you were to make this style at home with your hair I would recommend using something to provide enough hold. Maybe flax cell or a styling custard or even a styling spray... Don't be like me...I only used Moisturiser and shea butter. 

What I did was...
(1) section
(2) comb out the section to smoothen it.
(3) plait the rubber thread a bit tight at the base.
(4) plait it very loose coming down to the ends and then pull the hair up the thread. 

 I really don't know how best to explain it. Maybe this pic would help.


She had it on for the day...we unravelled it in the next day, separated the waves gently so it doesnt get ruined and it was looking like this-

Its like making a twist out with threads and without actually twisting.




 I loved this style so much and will try it out again when her hair is much longer. By then I would have something to give it hold because by the next day it was all puffy and turned into another style...dreads...lol.

Thanks for reading...enjoy the rest of your week...*muah*






2 comments:

  1. Her hair is lovely. I really love the style too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear...I love the style and will do it more often when her hair is longer. Thanks for stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!