Wednesday 22 April 2015

Relaxer update and length check...made it to Bra Strap Length!

                           

Hey cuties! Hope were all doing great today? Its finally here! My relaxer update and length check. Its my 1year and 6months hhj mark and I'm happy I have come this far. I will put up a progress picture post soon so you all can see where I come from.

I'd like to hint that this is just a brief relaxer day procedure as I plan to explain how I relax and why... I overlap my relaxers... I bet you didnt Know...

Alright here's what happened.
(1) detangled and twisted my hair into sections the day before relaxing...this took me 2 hours. Here is a pic of how much New growth I had.


(2) I twisted my hair in sections as seen in the picture below. The sections were easy to lift up for easy relaxer application.


(3) I used ORS no lye relaxer in normal strength. The bottle you see in the pic contains coconut oil. I used the oil to base my scalp because on my last washday it seemed my scalp was being sensitive to the relaxer.

(4) I coated my hair with conditioner. I haven't used this conditioner in a looking time. I gave a review on it and stated that it contains petrolatum. Its just too thick. I used it to coat my previously relaxed hair properly.



(5) I used half the activator. Application and smoothing took me 14 minutes. 


Here's the texture left in my hair. It looks like it wasn't relaxed...but at least the texture has loosened to my first satisfaction. I will explain better in that post.

(6) I used the shampoo in the kit as well as the replenishing pack. My hair came out soooo soft. It was a great relief to be able to detangle my roots with a comb.



I towel dried my hair...applied ORS moisturiser and a generous amount of my Mega Growth heat protectant serum. I then blow dried my hair on warm air. Here are the results of my almost 18weeks relaxer stretch.



December 2014 and now, April 2015 comparison:




6 months ponytail comparison October 2014-April 2015:



Final official length check. I made my birthday goal! I made it to Bra Strap length!
Claiming it officially :-)

Thanks for checking out this post...my birthday is 28th (whispers: write it down somewhere... Lol) of this month and I will be loving my hair while celebrating :-D

Have you relaxed recently? How did it go?

11 comments:

  1. Great progress! Hope you enjoy your special day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Candice....I did enjoy my birthday.

      Delete
  2. Congrats and have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is thick and beautiful congratulations on achieving your milestone and happy birthday in advance :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous of your hair. Lol! Nice one there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dup Zzy...no room for jealousy...grow it girl! :-)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations. This must have taken so much dedication. I wish you greater success

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!