Saturday 30 January 2016

Early Relaxer/Texlax update

My hair 80% air dried after relaxer touch up


Hey dearies! Been a while, I started strong with washday themes for this month but fell off with posting the washday posts because I had occupied my time with school activities.  The past week has really been stressful for me. I was sure that this stress would affect the health of my hair because I wouldn't have the patience  (and energy) to work with my hair.  I'm 10 weeks and 5days post relaxer with 11 weeks worth of very under processed hair from my previous relaxer so parting my hair for moisturising and detangling in general became tedious to me.


These pics are from my previous washday which happened two weeks ago.





After my last relaxer update i thought of doing a corrective relaxer but I remembered that the way I relax my hair looks like I get a corrective relaxer every next relaxer day. My texlax texture comes out the same very underprocessed and gets processed by overlapping when I'm smoothening my Relaxer. I can't guarantee that I won't overlap a little to my previously relaxed hair so with hair that still need more processing and some added amount of vaseline I get it more straightened without getting it bone straight. I don't know if you understand me but I hope u do! 

I used my new found love,  Creme of Nature Argan Oil No lye relaxer for this relaxer day. It was a bit hard for me to find so when I found it I got two! Lol. 



Here's a comparison of my last relaxer where I had a trim and my present relaxer. 


I didn't straighten my hair after relaxing. My hair in both pics are wet with deep conditioner in. I bet you can see the noticeable growth and thickness in my hair. A difference  of 10weeks! I owe this awesome growth to scalp massages with my Amla oil which I added drops of Peppermint oil and other product I had (UBH Deep conditioner contains menthol and peppermint  oil) I think the combo really gave me a boost in hair growth. 



So dearies I relaxed my hair @10 weeks post relaxer
(1) Because I listened to my hair. With all this school stress and getting deep into my Relaxer Stretch I wouldn't be able to take proper care of my new growth. I needed that fresh feeling where you can just run your hands through your hair, put it in an updo and go. 

(2) I wanted to note if the multivitamin I'm now taking would have much effect on my hair growth as much as my nails. At the point of relaxing my hair I had only taken 3 tablets out of 90 in a single pack. I'm only trying to be specific when I give answers and to give answers with proof because I know I would still be asked if taking the Natrol biotin has much effects on my growth rate just like the Amla  oil I will give an update more like a hair comparison post when I finish with the 90 tablets because 3 months is enough time for it to work. 

Got this from Olori Online store and I love the taste! It's like popping sweets into your mouth I was tempted to pop two but I reminded myself that two would make it 10,000mcg and I'm not ready for acne! Lol


Cut my nails the day I started taking the biotin but this pic was taken on day 3

NOTE: I'm only starting to take Biotin now (starting from 28th January 2016). I have had success growing my hair without it for two years and I got my hair to bra strap length from neck/shoulder length in the 2years that I have been on a hair journey. So I DO NOT count it as essential in MY hair journey. I got them mainly for my nails but it's no news that it also works for lush hair. 

I also joined the 6inches of growth challenge by Naijahaircangrow and I hope to have better results this year (sadly I didn't send in my end of year length check pic because I trimmed off my progress). 

That's all for now ladies, do take care:-) 

10 comments:

  1. Great progress, Judith. I hope the biotin helps you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tons of texture and growth. Do you plan to flat iron to see your true length?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up girl,whatever you doing is working

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the great progress! I love your twist-out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the thickness of your hair, great job.

    https://lauralivll.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks fabulous and I really reaaaally love the colour. I had red hair for about a year but because I'm a natural blonde, it faded incredibly quickly to an unflattering pale pinky-orange after just a couple of weeks.

    I also can't wait to have it long again! I've never made it to waist-length but always had pretty long hair until 2016 when I cut it into a super-short pixie. Loved it but now can't wait to have long flowing lock again! :) xx
    Hair Growth Shampoos

    ReplyDelete
  7. The complete blogs are really inconceivable and definitely everyone will share this information.
    hair

    ReplyDelete
  8. ALL THAT THICKNESS!!! You're hair is beauiful chica! I can't wait to read more about your Alma oil adventure!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very healthy lush hair!!! love it!
    www.accordingtolarz.com

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!