Saturday 2 January 2016

Welcome to 2016!.... My Goals for the new year!




It was almost midnight and we were about to begin a new year... 2016. So I laid on my couch and watched the clock as it ticked until it hit the mark (this is what I do every new year day)  Wow, I'm no longer in 2015?! It's now 2016... Obviously the dates have changed too. I was still there when I closed my eyes to pray. To Thank God for the months, days, hours and the past minute that I now call last year. I took time to reminiscence on all that had happened. The good, bad and fairly OK times. After concluding my prayer I tried to picture with my minds eyes how 2016 would be, but, I went blank.


Oh no I didn't faint (lol) but my mind refused to play me a guess of how the events of 2016 would turn out. I tried to imagine but still the same - I honestly didn't know what to imagine. That was when I knew that the year would hold ALOT of surprises for me. It's the year when I would enter into a new decade and not be a teenager anymore. The year when I would get my education right and decide which part to follow since things are not going the way I want though not entirely my fault but I strongly believe that 'Ogadinma' (means things will be alright).

That not withstanding I set goals for this year but let's have a look at the goals I set for last year and see if I achieved half of them (covers face). You can find that post here

1. Eat healthy and limit eating junk foods
   I think I did pretty well at this. I honestly can't remember the last time I ate a snack. At the beginning of the year and towards the ending I increased my fruit intake too. But it's still not as much as I would want.

2. Eat more fruits and veggies.
    During the months of April - July I really slacked on this goal. But I got back on track at the end of the year. I also didn't do well at fruit Friday posts. It was a total failure on that aspect *hangs head in shame*

3. Drink more water
   I did fairly OK with this one

4. Exercise
    This was a total fail

5. Be consistent with my regimen
    I think I did fairly OK with this as well but I had to skip tea rinsing when I started using amla oil because I started to have less shedding.

6. Be consistent with finger detangling
   It was a must during my long stretches when I went as far as 19 and 18 weeks post respectively. So I really kept up with this one every washday.

7. Get thicker bra strap length hair by 2015
    My ends didn't let me achieve this one but I'm happy I have better ends now even though I now back to APL /BSB

8 improve on my blog
     Fruit Fridays didn't work out but protective styling after washday worked out and though it was a bit late I started a hair talk series that would create more interaction and help info to be passed on from bloggers to you through their awesome contributions in the comments section. I also joined the washday Experience where I got to share my washday alongside other amazing bloggers.



Going forward, here are my goals for 2016 (haircare goals) 




* Eat healthy and drink lots of water

* keep up with my protective styling

* Get a deep conditioning cap to help with my deep conditioning and prepoo  sections.

* Exercise at least 4 times per week

Don't mind the almost erased nail polish.. . lol but you can see how it's tearing off and it's almost 2 months of nail growth. this is what mostly rips off my hair when fingerdetangling. 


* Take a multivitamin. Mostly for my nails. I may have gotten the tips and tricks to grow my hair long but I can't say the same for my nails.  I think I have the softest nails and it pains me that they break off before they can even get noticed. Even if I'll maintain them about 0.1-0.2" long I want it to be strong and white.  I've never seen my nails like that before. I'm thinking of trying Natrol biotin so I'll give updates to see how it goes.  It's no news that biotin grows hair too so let's just say that's a bonus for me. If you have used that brand of biotin before kindly share your review on it.

*Be full Midback length by December 2016.

* Improve  on my blog.

Pretty long post huh? Lol Thank you for reading through...

Have a lovely day:-) ðŸ˜€

11 comments:

  1. You did really well. I didn't take down any goals last year but maybe I should this time.
    Sorry about your nails, have you tried a good nail hardener like Sally Hansen Tough as Nails? It helped me years ago when I had this problem. Once it chips, wipe; wash your hands; rub in a nice oil or hand cream; repaint with the nail hardener.
    At least you'll be doubly unsured with this and the biotin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks a lot, I never really knew about nail hardener It would really help them from breaking. I'll be on the look out for it from now on cos I need those in my life! Lol.
      Thanks for stopping by Doc. :-)

      Delete
  2. You did really well. I didn't take down any goals last year but maybe I should this time.
    Sorry about your nails, have you tried a good nail hardener like Sally Hansen Tough as Nails? It helped me years ago when I had this problem. Once it chips, wipe; wash your hands; rub in a nice oil or hand cream; repaint with the nail hardener.
    At least you'll be doubly unsured with this and the biotin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've accomplished a ton this year! Great job chica! I stink at maintaining my nails. I usually file them on wash day...and that's it. LOL.

    Happy 2016!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, hopefully 2016 is the year when we would stop being lazy with our nails :-)
      Filing them every washday is a good tip! Haha!
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. You've done great with your goals. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice goals. We have a number in common. Cheers to meeting our goals!!!


    www.hairvolutionbybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your achievement! You have achieved a lot. The multi vitamins will definitely sort out the nail problem. I have been taking Mane Choice and I feel like it has strengthened my nails more than the hair growth that I was actually taking them for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is Vipin Kumar from Vipin Hair Extension. We would like to work with you. Our company had been devoted in Virgin Human Hair business for several years. Our vision is to provide top quality hair and supreme customer service to our customer to make a win-win long term business relationship. I'm working in many countries.

    http://www.vipinhairextension.com

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!