Sunday 19 July 2015

This week's protective style... Big Twists at 12weeks post relaxer


Hello there!  I successfully rocked my bantu knots for a complete week! During the week I moisturized my new growth twice.  After that I followed up by oiling my scalp and then did a scalp massage for 5 mins.
I'm really happy that I have been able to completely eliminate the struggle of relaxing at 12weeks (3 months) because so far I haven't had any issue with my new growth. I clearly have up to an inch or more of new growth but I've been able to come this far by moisturizing my new growth regularly And doing protective styles




Day 5 of bantu knotout




So i have another week before my wash day (my wash days is now every 2 weeks) and being the 7th day... My bantu knot out
looks pretty messed up and if I keep it for another day I will only be looking for trouble in the form of matting and tangling. So i separated my hair into sections... Moisturized my new growth and took this photo :-D lol click to see how I moisturize my new growth Here





My hair usually starts shrinking real bad at about 10weeks post relaxer so seeing it be this length... I'm feeling like I may have much new growth... Or maybe not... Haha

I decided that this week's protective style be twists with braids at the base. Keeping new growth stretched is the plan right??. No room for shrinkage,  matting and tangling of new growth. Here's an up close pic of what I did.... 

See what I mean by braids at the base? 

I know... This protective style isn't what you'd want to wear out because it looks a Lil childish... Lol.  Let's just say I wasn't aiming for something really pretty (plus I was really tired as I did a lot of work around the house) so I didn't do the twists small as I used to. At least reaching my new growth is easier and making this stretch work well for me is all I'm after..... 


Ends tucked in and I'm good to go! 

What's your protective style for the week? 



4 comments:

  1. Girl you really rocked your bantu knotouts pretty well, I'm jealous. This one everyone is rocking their bantu knots, i need to step up my game. Yes this week i'm doing mine... no more procrastination. Amen somebody!! I've seen what you were telling me, God bless Judithsweetheart. Love your knotouts.

    hairlevation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!!!! Can't wait to see you rocking some bantu knot out :-)

      Delete
  2. 😱😱What?!!! Your Bantu knot outs are amazing!! After 7 days you say? That is wow

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!