Tuesday 28 July 2015

The Real things that matter (Thankfull)



Sometimes when certain things happen in your life it's a way to bring you back to where you should be and a reminder of how you should live. Last Sunday I didn't witness an accident but it happened to me instead. I'm not sure if I should blame the car that hit us or the bike I was on. I pretty much didn't say anything. I got a bruised knee but I couldn't stop Thanking God because It could have been worse. I was actually out to get some juice for my sis who was sick and I still did. I started to feel the leg pain after I had gotten home and fell sick the next day. Had to be taken to the hospital.

The fear of every thing I could think of came upon me... Like the the demarcation between life and death is so thin... I just know in my heart that I have not done anything yet. I have not touched as many lives Or inspired as many people so now is not the time. Then someone asked me the big question simply because it seemed like it's the biggest thing going on in my life now... (at least in the persons mind) 


What if you hit your head on the tared road  and not your knee and you had to cut all your hair off because of it? 

The answer is simple... I would cut it all off. I am not my hair and hair is not living... Cutting off hair that will grow back is not like cutting off an arm.... But even if the arm must be amputated for you to survive why not? I don't pray that to happen but if it did I wouldn't hold on to hair simply because it will grow back and more better.  

So If for anything... Thank God first for life, good health of mind and body, for family, for friends...  before thanking God for your hair because those are the most important things in your life. 

I had my wash day on Sunday (the Sunday after my accident) and my hair ended up in a pony tail for the week... Let's just say I got tired of the bantu knots.. . Lol. 

Who says at 14 week post I can't rock a decent pony? 
 What I do at night is roll my hair without the ponytail holder and pin it up like in the pic below and tie my satin scarf around it to lay my edges flat. I'm currently 14 weeks post relaxer and having no problems at all with my new growth. I follow my bun routine when I'm wearing a ponytail... The Bobby pin is not placed at my ends.. I don't think it shows that we'll in the pic but the very ends of my hair are tucked under the bun.. The pins snag my hair more when placed at the ends so it's about 2-3 inches away from the ends of my hair in this pic. 



Fill your heart with love and only good things... *stay safe... *muah*


6 comments:

  1. All thanks to God! Glad you stopped by :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God you are alive. How's your health now?

    hairlevation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww I'm so happy you're ok. What would I do without your hair advice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks dear! A lot of friends have gotten my hair advice but very few keep to it. So glad you're making progress with it. I'm convinced that your hair was meant to grow to great lengths. If I wasn't here you'll still find your way through so much experience and personal learning. But I so much appreciate the fact that you stop by :-)

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!