Friday 7 August 2015

Hair update @15weeks post relaxer


Hi sweethearts! Hope everyone is doing well?! ... I can officially say that I have entered the boring stage of my relaxer stretch. At 15weeks post relaxer all I want to do is moisturize and seal and leave my hair alone.

I kind of feel like doing a bantu knot or flexi rod like I used to before Will be too much manipulation right now. So this is how I've been wearing my hair since my last wash day. Sometimes I let the hair down for a pony but I guess I've gotten used to putting my hair up
My bun for the week


I have been following my bun routine  and I'm really glad that I haven't had any issues with this relaxer stretch. My satin scarf has made it possible for my bun to look neat even with so much new growth. I make sure my hair is balanced; new growth is well moisturised, the length of my hair has enough strength. For the most part, I haven't had issues with breakage. When I'm moisturizing and I run my fingers through my hair I only find long strands of hair with white bulbs on the end (shed hairs).



Uncombed pony (lots of shrinkage and new growth) 



My plans for the remaining 5weeks of my stretch are:
(1)  To keep my new growth stretched and I will be employing the aid of my blow dryer. I have been completely air drying my hair since my last relaxer day which was in April. To reduce manipulation on my new growth I will be stretching my hair using the tension method when blow drying on cool air.

(2) wear more of tucked in buns or very simple protective styles.

(3) keep my new growth moisturised and happy.

That's it for now my dearies :-) will Come back soon with a wash day post.


How's your relaxer stretch going?




6 comments:

  1. Nice post, keep it up girl.

    hairlevation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great!! No one would guess you're many weeks post. Seems your stretch is going well.
    Haircademia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fatee :-) it has really been a smooth stretch so far. The more we cast away our fears of relaxer stretching and extend each stretch, the better we get!

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!