Saturday 1 August 2015

The Sunflower love Bun, Tutorial 2: Making the love at the top.



Hey dearies, so this is the continuation of my previous post. If you haven't seen it yet it's a must see so you'll know where we started from and not wonder how to create the back. A direct link to that post is right HERE


To make the love at the top

Step 7: moisturize and detangle the front section and part it into 3

Detangle and section


Step 8: do a flat twist on the middle section and put a pin on the tips so it doesn't unravel.

Flat twist the middle and secure tips with pin




Step 9: start twisting from the left side... Adding hair from the right side over the middle portion. Twist in such a way that it creates a 'C'  curve and secure the tips with a Bobby pin. Now we have a curved twist and a straight twist at the middle.

Do a flat twist to the left and over the middle section.



Step 10: pin the tips of the first twist maintaining a curved 'C' shape. Then take the middle twist and pin it close to the beginning of the first following the same curved shape.



Pin the first twist in a curved manner and also pin the twist from the middle in similar manner 


What I made at the front is same with this hairstyle I made by myself (that's me in the pic)  and it shows the difference when you make the love twist with longer texlaxed hair. I'll still recreate this on my head (Because I love how it looks!) and show you the pics. Don't go doubting if I created this myself... Lol. I'm my own stylist so all styles I wear and show on this blog or my instagram are made by me.

My skin is naturally lighter than my sisters :-) 


Finally... Lightly Deep your brush in gel and brush the edges all around really well. I did this the next morning because I know the type of gel I used is like an activator and wouldn't give much hold... Lol. Its a cheap activator gel that I have at home. But if you're looking to get a good hold... Eco styler gel or any other better gel will give you smoother results.

We're done!

How it looked in the dark

How it looks in day light



Easy right?
I know watching a tutorial video is best for tutorials Like this and it's easier to do when you see it being done but I can't make videos at the moment. I have plans to start up a YouTube channel though. No worries when I do I will make sure to do a video tutorial on how to create this.

Thank you for taking time to view both posts... Have a blessed day... *muah*





10 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Thisstyle is ON POINT!!!! If only I could be this creative....
    haircademia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear... I think every one is creative! You never know until to you try :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm! This girl is something else, really beautiful and creative. Please keep it up. Oh! In case you wondering, my phone still not working, used someone else's.

    hairlevation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you dear. Yes I was wondering! Glad you checked with someone's phone. God bless you boo!

      Delete
  4. wawu! this is a very creative hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Keep em coming! I love seeing protective styles that don't necessarily include extensions and especially when they're done on short natural hair. I'm easily frustrated when coking up with styles for my short natural hair that is also great for the office. Keep em coming :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you loved it :-) will do.. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Most Viewed Post!