Tuesday 8 September 2015

30 Days Of Hot oil Treatments Challenge



What's good dearies?! Last month I joined Jeni of just grow already and Diva Chyk of Relaxed thairapy blogs for 30 days of protective styling. This month they have presented another challenge and it's 30days of hot oil treatments challenge. This challenge is to bring us back to the wonderful benefits of hot oil treatments. To join in and find out more about the challenge click HERE

Truth be told, I have really slacked on doing hot oil treatments. Most of the time I just apply the oil to my hair as a prepoo without heating it up first. It made a big difference when I heated up my scalp massage oil (made it warm by placing my applicator bottle in a cup of hot water) before applying on my scalp. The thickness of the castor oil reduced quite a bit and the oil spread more on my scalp as opposed to when it's cool.

 For this challenge I will be doing hot oil treatments overnight as a prepoo and heating the oil up first. My oils of choice are:

The plain bottle contain a mix of all 3 oils

*Avocado oil +Olive oil plus +castor oil mix

My Amla oil

*Amla oil to my scalp

I didn't purchase the amla oil instead I made my own Amla oil.  I will put up a post on how I made it pretty soon and this will be my scalp oil for the remaining months of this year.

What hair challenges are you currently on?

2 comments:

  1. I really don't have one but I'm seriously considering the scalp massaging of a thing,but am yet to get oils I needed. Pretty please don't take long in posting the how to make the Amla oil because I need it as well,thanks.

    hairlevation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, you really should start doing scalp massages because they help proper blood circulation in the scalp which aids hair growth. For that purpose I would suggest using oils like castor oil or coconut oil (I have seen concrete reviews on these oils for faster hairgrowth) I will write a post on that before this week runs out. You are free to make the amla oil for the scalp massages but it is only after my relaxer in December that I would be able to tell if It is really a wonderful oil for hair growth or not.

      Delete

Most Viewed Post!