Thursday 3 September 2015

Relaxer Update





So I didn't make it to 20weeks post. However, I relaxed my hair at 19 weeks post relaxer. I think we are getting better at relaxer stretching *big grin*



 I started by detangling my hair the night before relaxer day. I Sectioned my hair into 4 and sprayed some detangler (Mane n tail detangler) to each of the four quadrants and detangled gently, a section at a time. I used my fingers first and then used a comb.Detangling wasn't much of a hassle for me but I had mostly clumped strands which I separated gently Then the next day I followed my relaxer routine which you can findHERE Application  and smoothening took me 15minutes.

Put my hair in horizontal twisted sections for easy relaxer application 

Results- see?  I still retained some of my kinkz 


My hair came out as under processed as I want it to be. You can see the waves. This is what texlaxed hair looks like when wet.
I opted for a rollerset after relaxing and I used 2 packs of jumbo magnetic rollers (24in number).I did the rollerset myself and also used the end papers I bought for some. I haven't completely mastered using them but I love how smooth the ends with the papers on turned out :-) will be using it more often when I do rollersets and flexi rods. Here are more photos from this relaxer day



Rollerset result 

Finger combed out the curls


Combed it straight and noticed my ends are thinning 

Overall I'm happy this relaxer stretch was a successful one. I had to relax at 19weeks because I feared the matting may get worse and cause me to have a setback. Yes a setback can happen in a day so it's better to play safe. I'm looking forward to stretching till December. anyone who followed my stretch closely would already know that the two things that helped me stretch successfully to 19weeks post relaxer are PROTECTIVE STYLING and MOISTURISING. Don't go overboard with moisturizing. Pay attention to protein too. Your hair needs strength and the way I incorporated protein was mostly through using a protein leave in treatment.

Have you ended your relaxer stretch? How did it go?

13 comments:

  1. I've never stretch that long, you go superstar! I am 8 weeks post right now, planning to do my next touch up in October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, you will get there soon. Keep adding weeks before each relaxer and you'll also be a relaxer stretching superstar!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on reaching 19 weeks it's an achievement! And yes I agree with you, moisturising and keeping ends away are a formula for successful stretching. Your hair is looking full and thick :-) I ended my stretch at 19 weeks as well, although I didn't have any matting issues I think because I really moisturised my growth and finger combed through it every few days to minimise shed hairs causing tangles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to you too! Relaxer stretching is a really beneficial thing! I detangled every few days too but it began to seem like the moisturizing was causing my hair to clum together and gave room for matting. I may have been heavy handed as I only began to notice the matting at about week 17 or 18

      Delete
  4. Congrats on making it to 19 weeks. Matting is the worst! Like Becca said, I think finger combing helps with it. How much hair do you plan to trim?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear :-) matting scares me alot! Yes finger combing really helps. I Finger comb 90% of the time. In January of next year I will trim off all of the thin ends. It's about 2-3 inches.

      Delete
    2. I chose January because I should be close to Mid back length if not at MBL by then. I want to still be Bra Strap Length by the time I trim it all off :-D

      Delete
  5. I love the thickness of your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks fab, as always!! Congrats on a successful stretch
    Haircademia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn! See hair......girl this is beautiful. Don't ever stop what you're doing. You"ve gained much length compared to your last relaxer update. Nice one there and congratulations.

    hairlevation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you dear... I wish the ends were as thick as they were on my last relaxer. I'm determined to baby the ends so there are no further thinning till I eventually cute them off.

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!