Monday 28 September 2015

Wash day experience: wash and go On TEXLAXED Hair!


Hey dearies! hope we are having an awesome week?!
I'm getting used to having a hairstyle for 3 days and then throwing my hair up in a Bun for the rest of the week. I don't know why but the past weeks I haven't really bothered about keeping my hairstyle for up to a week. Maybe it's because I'm beginning to love the look, texture and thickness of my bun. It has become a style of its own.

I look forward to this when it's close to the weekend 
All I have been doing during the week is moisturizing every two days, scalp oiling and scalp massage every two days. About moisturizing... I have to let you know this. With continuous use of my lusters Scurl no drip moisturiser it's just not doing things right. Like there's an oily and dry feeling it starts to have in my hair which I don't really like. Then I found out that it was a new formula and the old formula was the Holy grail and so many people don't like this new formula (why can't companies just leave their products alone?) Of course it softens my new growth and aids detangling but I still feel like I haven't found that best moisturiser yet.


Moving on, Washday happened at the beginning of the week.
 I followed my usual Washday procedure which is:
(1) Prepoo (I did a hot oil treatment with my oil mix)
(2) Shampoo
(3) Deep condition

Deep conditioning (Ignore the embarrassing pimple sitting on my nose! ) 

(4)Rinse out, wrap head for 30mins...apply moisturizer and detangle.


What do I do with my hair now? I really didn't feel like doing a bantu knot or flexi rod, just an easy hairstyle because I was about to go out. Then it hit me to try a wash and go! I was in fact happy with this decision. See what the style looks like when I was done. It took me 10mins for Styling and blow drying.


Wash n go on texlaxed hair! 

Side view 


Back view 




Method of wash n go on texlaxed hair 

Products I used- *The yellow bottle contains Luster s-curl moisturiser
*wide tooth comb *lottabody moisturize me curl and style milk *Gel 

I used mo knows hair's method of diffusing her wash and go. I didn't use a diffuser attachment with my blow dryer tho.
(1) I moisturised each section of my hair sparingly with luster s-curl No drip moisturiser and sealed with Lotta body moisturize me curl and style milk.  I used this to see if it would set my curls a bit and help get my hair to shrink well. I think it did!
(2) Detangled in small sections till my hair was Free of tangles.
(3) I created a Centre part, pulled hair from the left, twisted and pinned it down with my Bobby pin. Did the same with the right. Applied gel to the edges, brushed it down and proceeded to the final step.
(4) I held my hair in a squeezed manner and blow dried it with warm air randomly. I made sure it wasn't getting stretched but the curls in my hair were shrinking more. I just kept pushing my hair up and squeezing it a bit as I blow dried. My hair didn't dry completely at the roots but it would get air dried so I don't have to Worry.
This took me about 8-10 mins

 Reasons why this wash n go worked for my hair. 
(1) I am heavily texlaxed. My hair still has most of its kinks. That is why it is able to look nice and thick.
(2) I used a curl enhancer to kind of help my kinks to shrink more. If you want this kind of result you will need a product that can do that for you.
(3) my using a blow-dry or diffused method is optional. I can absolutely do this on freshly washed hair and leave it to air-dry. Without being stretched my hair will still shrink and you won't even remember it's past armpit length.

I really love the look of this style. While it makes your hair seem short (it's past my armpit blow dried straight) it gives your hair so much thickness. Adorned with a lovely head piece you would simply look like a princess.

While this is not a protective hairstyle I would love to rock it once in a while!


The Wash Day Experience

3 comments:

Most Viewed Post!