Tuesday 15 September 2015

Washday post relaxer: Another flexi rod fail?

The Wash Day Experience



Hey dearies... This is my first Washday recap after my relaxer day. I washed my hair at 1week plus after relaxing. I loved that my hair was straight for the week. I wore it down most days. I had the chance to really enjoy my hair and I got more of the 'is that your hair?, your hair is long o! ' (and I was all smiles *big grin*) 


The day before Washday I decided to mix up my Deep conditioners. Something I rarely do with deep conditioners... I really don't ever plan on mixing protein and moisture deep Conditioners because I don't think they will have their full effects if used alone but mixing two moisturizing conditioners, I thought it would improve on the moisturizing potential of the two. Well find out if it did. 
What I did was mix up Elasta Qp DPR 11 penetrating conditioner (full) with ORS replenishing (almost full bottle) conditioner and avocado oil (5 table spoons). 






I mixed it up really well and poured them back into the containers. The mixture was not too runny but Was far from being thick. 
You might be wondering; they are good deep conditioners, why do I have to mix them up? 
I admit they are both good deep conditioners (especially ORS) but Elasta Qp had no form of slip. I prefer something with slip to make my detangling easier.




Washday procedure
Following the 30 Days Of Hot oil treatments challenge I mentioned in a previous post, I used my oil mix. 
(1)Heated the oil up slightly and applied it to my hair in 3 sections and braided each. I left It on for 30mins. 

(2)Shampooed off With my usual VO5 shampoo (diluted with water). I did 2 lathers as I was a bit heavy handed with the oil.

(3)wrapped my head with towel for about 15mins to soak up excess water. This time I made sure there was no water dripping at all. Just damp hair. 

(4) I took down each braid and applied my moisturizing deep conditioner and covered with a processing cap. Then I covered again with a bigger shower cap just so enough heat will be generated for proper deep conditioning. 

(5) After 1 hour I took off the caps and voila! My hair felt so soft and looked swollen...(that's the only word I can think of to describe it...but I Hope you get the idea, no exaggeration intended). In my opinion and noticing how my hair felt it was obviously different from when I used them separately. It was awesome! I rinsed it off my hair and the avocado oil did a good job too. My hair was shiny and soft. Big Win! 

(6) I wrapped my head in my towel again for sometime and took it off because I decided I Was going to try flexi rods... Again. 

So for the flexi rod set;
I applied a very little amount of my 911 leave in treatment, then a little lusters s-curl No drip moisturiser. 

Still working with the three braids I started from the one at the nape area. Made thin sections, applied a small pump of Lotta body moisturize me curl and style milk and rolled on the rods like so... 

Oh no! 


Pls don't laugh... 
We live and learn right? *with tears filled eyes* somebody should have told me my hair will never Dry if I rolled it this way... 

From the washday evening, all through the night, used my blow dryer very early in the morning to make sure it was dry. after blow drying using hot air I went to take my bath with hair covered with shower cap, came back and joyfully unraveled the section at my very nape. It wasn't dry. My hair rolled on the rod about 5 times or more so the parts close to the ends were still damp. I rolled it again and blow dried for another 15mins.

Took that one down ND it was OK, took Another and it was still wet so I left it loose and blow dried again... At this point, I was tired of blow drying. Holding the blow dryer for a long time was making my hands ache. So I took all of them down and blow dried the loose curls. I was left with this... 



I pinned some straighter parts that didn't have any curl down with a Bobby pin in a manner that intended to look like a style. 



I still wasn't satisfied and I pinned the back to be Bob like. 

My hair had so Much volume. I give credit to the Lotta body for the volume and shine. It wasn't the same with the my lusti organics holding spray. This lottabody left my hair really soft. I can only imagine using it for my bantu knot outs. Since I'm having a hard time with making a good flexi rod set these days I may just have to try my beloved bantu knot out on my next Washday. 

The curls became waves on the third day so I Finger detangled it and put it into this protective style....
Finger detangled 

Front view

Back view 

Another pic of the style in bright light



That is what I'll be wearing until the end of the week. 

4 comments:

  1. You hair is amazing! Quick tip, try to wrap your hair aro uh ngthe length of the rod and not on top of each other. Don't know if I'm making sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes dear your suggestion makes alot of sense! I used to wrap it around the length of my hair before getting to the roots but I was aiming for a different kind of curl. I may have to give flexi rods one more try. Thanks for bringing my attention to that :-)

      Delete
  2. I like the fact that you did all you could to save the style :-) I agree with Miranisa, probably you ca try to spread your hair more around the rod or use less product that may have weighed down the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing Lottabody Wrap all over the place. I really want to try it!

    I think that you'll master your flexi rod set in no time!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!