Saturday 10 October 2015

Amla mud on natural hair + high puff!


For my naturalistas this Washday I tried amla mask on my sisters natural hair. The mask I mean is the residue mud (amla+oil) left over when the oil was decanted from the mixture.



 Washday started by taking out her threaded hairstyle. Her hair was straight which made finger detangling easier. All I did was spray some Mane n tail detangler before working on the sections and I put each finished section into a ponytail (4 in total).


I then began the application of the amla mud. I covered her hair with A processing cap and then a shower cap and let it sit for 30mins.

My amla powder + oil mixture/residue 


Rinsed out the mud and applied shampoo.

Observations - the experience with this mud on my sisters hair was way different from mine. Maybe because I'm a low porosity head. I felt more of the strengthening properties than softening. But on my sisters hair it was just adequate. After rinsing it out and shampooing, her hair was oh so soft!

Left pic shows hair with the amla mask applied., right pic is after rinsing and wrapping in a towel. 


Next it was time for deep conditioning. I used my deep conditioner mix of ORS replenishing Conditioner +Elasta Qp DPR 11 penetrating conditioner +avocado oil. Then covered up her hair again for about an hour.


Rinsed that out and wrapped her head in towel to absorb excess water.

I then applied her leave ins- moisturiser (Scurl) and sealed with Shea Butter to each of the sections. Gently detangled with a wide tooth comb and braided the sections up.

Her hair air dried overnight and we detangled some more and tried a high puff :-) well it only lasted for some hours before she had it threaded up again.

 
I can imagine how big it would be by this time next year! 


Ps:- Her hair Has not been blow dried for about 9 months now (actually since October 2014). We have been air-drying for months and her hair has really benefited from it. In all it worked well for her hair. It did add some amount of strength but an overpowering softness was also noticed. On m texlaxed  hair it was more of strength on immediate application till I rinsed it off and it got much better.

9 comments:

  1. Love her puff.cant wait till im fully natural.Great you help her with her hair and it is flourishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her puff.cant wait till im fully natural.Great you help her with her hair and it is flourishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you dear! It really is flourishing! Just wait until I flat iron it for a length check and trim by December :-D oh, goodluck with your transitioning. I know you can't wait till its over lol

      Delete
  3. It is also important to lead a healthy diet rich in protein, vegetables and water to keep it nourished.
    Masks, essential
    Curly hair is not very bright because it reflects the light. To achieve quality masks used for polishing and smoothing the hair fiber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. You're welcome and thanks also for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. her curls though,nice one and keep it up.


    hairlevation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curls popping right? Hehe! Tanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Amla masks are a great way to detoxify the hair but I find that because of the acidic nature, it's good to also follow up with a bit of olive oil... great post!

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!