Wednesday 21 October 2015

Washday Experience: A new twist to same Ole Bob

This week's protective style



Hey dearies! I'm back with another Washday post. This one was quite smooth sailing. Before I begin, I had alot of feedback regarding my previous protective style  before my hairniversary. For those of you who really want to try the style but you don't know how long it would last, mine lasted for 5 days. I took it down for my hairniversary Washday because I wanted to blow dry my hair.

This was the 5th day of the style. I removed all the pins and swiped it into a Bun because I was tired of having pins stuck in my hair.. . Lol but as you can see, it's pretty much still looking good. 


Now I didn't go 5 days without moisturizing. If your hair is in a cute Bun and you wouldn't love to redo the bun everyday Because we are trying to reduce daily manipulation, all you have to do is this:
*get a spray bottle... Preferably one that has a really good mist cap or nozzle. 
*add some of your leave ins if it's the runny type or dilute it with water if it's thick. 
*shake shake and mist some good moisture all over your hair. All you need do after this is smooth the hair back in shape. 

But if you are like me and your spray bottle doesn't give a nice mist..... I just sprayed my hair and Bun with my Mane n tail detangler Everyday... Haha (I plan on getting a good spray bottle tho). I love how the spray cap of the detangler works! 


Back to this week's Washday... 
I started off by deep conditioning on dry hair (I'm not a fan of this) instead of doing my usual oil prepoo. I divided my hair into 8 sections, applied my moisturizing DC then covered with a plastic cap for 1hr

(2) Detangling was a breeze. I went through my almost two months post relaxer new growth with relative ease. I mostly used my wide tooth comb. 
Here what I lost to detangling my Whole hair this Washday. 

Left -spread out,  Right- rolled into a ball 

This has been my norm since I started using Amla oil for scalp massages. I don't shed much so I dont see the need for coffee rinses yet. 

(3) Shampooed off with my Natur Vital Henna shampoo. This shampoo for darker hair colour lathers really well. I think I haven't used it more than twice this year. It has almost lasted 2 yrs but I will repurchase. 

(4) I deep conditioned with my Natur Vital henna shampoo. This shampoo and conditioner is a semi permanent dye made with henna for A natural black colour. It deposits the black colour colour which washes off after a period of time. I don't really apply it as much as any other conditioner. Though it leaves my hair feeling sooo soft I think I have used it twice this year too. 

(5) I deep conditioned for an hour,  rinsed off and wrapped my head in a towel for about 10mins. I then switched to a t-shirt and called it a night. Yes all this was happening at night! Haha 

The reason why I don't like deep conditioning before shampooing is that I feel like I shampoo out all of the deep conditioner. Most especially because I use Sulphate shampoos. The next day I applied my leavins luster s-curl No drip moisturiser and some Lottabody moisturise me curl and style milk. Then I sealed with my avocado oil. I air dried my hair alternating between putting it in a Bun for 15 mins and leaving it all out. This way my hair dries stretched, similar to a blow out. Even after moisturizing and sealing it still didn't feel the way it used to if I had deep conditioned after shampooing. 

Here's a pictorial on how I added a Lil twist to the usual Bob hairstyle. 

Took hair close to the middle sections and created 5 single braids. The front and back sections are not braided along and there are still left out strands between  each braid
Holding the base of each braid down, turn the braid round itself creating a circular shape then pass your Bobby pin down through the strands of your circular braid. (OK I don't know if you get that part?) I made sure the pins were not showing too much. That's why it's important to pass the pins through the bottom side of the braids. 

Left pic, braid the ends of your hair into one. Right pic tuck it under and secure with a pin.  (don't mind the colour of my hair... My phone was misbehaving) 

Add some gel, brush down your edges and you're good to go. 
Maintenance is quite simple, remove pin at the bottom and moisturise my hair. Do scalp massages with an oil and seal my hair with some oil. Put it back in the Bob style and sleep with a satin scarf at night.  Satin scarf because I want the edges to lay down smooth the next day.

What do you think of this style?
I think I need to create a page for my protective style gallery on the blog. 


The Wash Day Experience

10 comments:

  1. I love how you are creative with your hairstyles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the styles you recreate. They are usually simple but classy. I don't wear my hair out most time cos I get tired of just buns but your styling makes me wanna try more. Thanks for sharing
    www.itamiie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are quite creative, Judith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just creative.Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mini flowers, very creative hairstyle !

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute style! very inventive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crazy cute! You're so creative with your protective styles!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!