Monday 5 October 2015

How did my wash n go hold up? + Amla oil update

Hey cuties! I swinged by to give you the updates of my wash n go but I also thought to add a few things about the amla oil I have been using on my hair.

First day wash n go

I had the wash n go for just 3 days. What happened was that I let my hair down during the first two days (I put it in a big pony at night). So my hair began to get really dry towards the ends that I had to grab my moisturiser. After moisturing My hair became a bit stretched out. It lost most of its kinks. Here are pictures of what it looked like as days went by

Second day

Third day after moisturizing and sealing (compare pic of the sides, my hair became stretched after moisturizing) 



Now I tried the following to maintain my wash n go and the maintenance here is to prevent my hair from being stretched or straightened.

- I put my hair in one big pony just to gather it up at night for bed. 
- I used my satin cap and not my scarf. 
-I didn't switch up the hairstyle or touch my hair much throughout the day. I just let it be. 



I know you're probably asking Why I used my satin cap n not my scarf. Here's why. 
If you notice I made so much use of my satin scarf during the weeks of my long stretch. It is more effective for styles that involves sleekness. It does a very good job at laying my hair and edges down and flat. This style, laying my hair down may straighten it or make my hair flat to my head... Volume will be gone. So the cap wasn't at all tight to my hair. It just covers the hair to protect it while letting it be free. 

My hair is currently in a Bun and I haven't had Washday since my last wash day. 

My Amla oil update
It's been a month since I started using my Amla oil and while I actually feel the difference in my hair appearance and health, I think I'm seeing new growth too! 
Or maybe I'm not and I'm going bunkers! Lol. I have been using my Amla oil religiously for my scalp massages every second day. 

Hold pic forward to see the darker portions at the roots


It is highly unusual for me to notice new growth At almost 4 weeks post relaxer. Like... Half an inch may be the average but I get less than that per month. So much that I really start noticing much new growth At 6weeks post relaxer. But I honestly don't think my previously relaxed new growth reverted. I relaxed my hair the same way I have been doing. So I don't think it's reversion. Plus, at 19weeks post relaxer I had wayyyy more new growth an what I have now. 

Instead of wondering if I have actually gotten close To half an inch in a month, I decided on my last wash day to do a length check on my length check shirt after adding little oil to my hair for prepoo. Though it's coming a bit late and it's been a month gone already, it's a 16 weeks stretch after all. Which means I still have 12weeks to go. This is the only way I can be assured by the end of the stretch that what I've been seeing is new growth and I'm not out of my mind. 

My hair stops at the 10th line

My length check pic after my relaxer in December will be merged with this. 
Don't worry abt giving any name to my length in the pic. I'll be trimming off some thin ends at the end of this relaxer stretch. 

3 comments:

  1. I wanna worry about giving a name o.lol.Its like that with me and new growth,i put in a low manipulation style take it out a few weeks later and im seeing half to an inch of growth,but if the hair is out,nada.Our hair does seem to get better when we least expect atleast in terms of growth.Good job on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Noticing more new growth after putting in a protective style also happens to me! Especially when I have my hair in small twists. Thank you for stopping by Aurora :-)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!