Friday 9 October 2015

Washday experience: Hella cute protective style!



Hey beauties! and hey handsome! :-) Yes there are guys who read my blog too *I wonder when they will give me a Holla or comment... If you are reading this pls do (blows kiss)*

Enough of that silly rant lol. While I plan to be bombarding you with Washday posts and pretty protective hairstyles to try since I'm not far into my stretch yet, if you are a newbie feel free to surf every part of this blog. Natural? Beautiful! My sisters Washday posts are also shared on this blog. Make good use of the posts I put up in the tabs above about starting your healthy hair journey, detangling and all.

You can guess that I'm very happy today right?! It's not just because of a bomb protectivestle I have on now but for the fact that this blog is Turing a year old in a week time and it will also mark my 2year healthy hair journey. I didn't do a length check my last relaxer and believe me I'm not bothered about the current length but I will definitely be doing a blow-dry to straighten my hair and will put up 2 year comparison pics! Watch this space because lots of inspiration are coming your way!



So my loves, Washday started late at night.
(1) The hot oil treatments challenge of last month did well for my hair. I decided to do it again with Amla oil. Take note I don't heat it up too much because the aim is not to fry my hair... Lol. I just place the oil in a bowl of semi hot water, take it out a d start application. The oil doesn't burn my hands in anyway.

(2)I Shampooed with my vo5 shampoo and then wrapped my hair for about 30mins.

(3) After applying my deep conditioning mix of ORS replenishing conditioner + Elasta Qp DPR 11 penetrating conditioner + avocado oil I covered my head with my processing cap and my shower cap. Getting a steamer or heating cap is still a dream for me. . . lol

(4) It sat on my hair for about an hour then I detangled my hair gently all over before hoping in the bathroom to rinse it out. Detangling was easy breezy and I used a wide tooth comb.

(5) Next I wrapped my head up with my towel for 15 mins to absorb excess water from my hair. I then switched to a t-shirt because it was impossible for me to complete the Washday. By that time it was already mid night. I went to bed with my hair wrapped in a t-shirt and by morning my hair was sooo soft but damp. I sprayed some Mane n tail detangler then moisturised and sealed with luster s-curl No drip moisturiser and some amla oil.

The original pic of the style. I didn't see a tutorial or pictorial on how it was done tho

I was aiming for volume for the style I wanted to recreate so I let it air dry unstretched. But it was  shrinking up so bad that I had to alternate leaving it to dry freely and putting it in a Bun (with no ponytail holder or pins) to stretch the hair a bit every 15 mins. Then oiled my scalp with amla oil and did a short scalp massage.



Here are the products I used
*a rat tail comb for sectioning
*a wide tooth comb for detangling where necessary
*styling products - lottabody moisturise me curl and style milk
*gel for smoothening nape n edges
*Hair brush
*Bobby pins
*black ponytail holder



Let the pictorial begin!

I started by parting my hair with a rat tail comb and twisting the created sections out of the way. 

I applied some Lotta body moisturize me curl and style milk and detangled my hair gently. Flipped my head upside down and secured the back with a black ponytail holder 


I then applied some lottabody on the sections at the front and made flat twists (I didn't hold the flat twist down tightly when twisting for fullness) 




I divided my hair from the pony and did criss cross. Just take some hair, bend and pin it down at the base of the pony, take another and pin it down across till you get something that looks like this. 

Take the twists at the side and pin it up, brush the edges and nape with gel and it's complete! 
What do you think of this style? Would you rock it?? 
*much love*




17 comments:

  1. This style is so cute! I am transitioning to natural but will definitely have to try it out! I love it!

    Andrea @ www.lengtheninglocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Andrea! I would love you to try it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how simple yet classy the style is.
    Will try it when I am out of protective styling.

    www.itamiie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cuteness is incredible. I will have to copy this one. Lol!
    Thanks for stopping my little place.
    www.chicfromhair2toe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww.. . No thank you :-) can't wait to see you try it out *big grin*

      Delete
  5. Love this style.Her name on YouTube is Tiffanynicholsdesign,the video is on 3 styles,you can try them all.She is natural,but relaxed hair works great too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! Thank you for the info Aurora! I'll go see her video. I'm glad you love the style... Thanks again dearie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do not rush and allows the product to act on the hair for several minutes. Ideally placed to offer a cure curly hair nutrition solution is to apply the mask at night and removed upon waking in the morning. You can boast soft, defined curls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The style turned out great! Nice pictorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So....When I steal this style---you will get all the credit! LOVE IT!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! This is my next protective style for the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dearie.. Do try it out, you'll love it!

      Delete

Most Viewed Post!