Monday 6 June 2016

Natural Hair update: Chasing Bra Strap Length



Hey naturalistas! I was browsing through my old posts and found out that it's been a very long time since I gave an update on my sister's natural hair. The last time I posted an official length check pic here was in September 2015 so a recent length check  is overdue. Incase you were wondering if she went the relaxed route, no she's still strong in her natural hair game.

For length checks my sister doesn't really use a length check shirt.  We just pull the hair down to where ever it stops on her body and that's where she's at.  She is quite tall (a lot taller than me now) so reaching specific marks on her body will take quite some time.
Here's a comparison.



September 2015

Her hair in September 2015 was about half an inch to an inch past her chin and so close to APL. I trimmed of half an inch all round her hair by December last year. So her hair by December which marked her 2yr hhj was pretty much around the same length above.


May 2016
From the May 2016 pic her hair at the front is well past her chin. It's about 2.5 - 3 inches past her chin. Her hair from the back is well past Armpit length and I would estimate it to be 2 inches closes to Grazing Bra Strap Length. We have actually set a goal to get to Bra Strap Length by December this year which would mark her 3yr hhj.

You can find out her regimen on the Our Relaxed and natural hair regimen page. I have made little additions to her products but her regimen remains the same.

4 comments:

  1. I want to say thank to you people for this great and helpful info. Thanks!!! Eyebrow Hair Transplant in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her hair is thick, why did you trim her her?

    https://naturallykinkyme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tips of her hair were tangling too bad making detangling tougher and she hasn't had a trim since the beginning of her hhj (covers face) lol

      Thanks so much for stopping by :-)

      Delete

Most Viewed Post!