Saturday 11 June 2016

The washday Experience: Amla Gloss Treatment




Finito! Soft blow dried hair. 


Hi dearies! I had my washday yesterday and couldn't wait to share. This would be my last washday for this relaxer stretch so I decided to do a kind of Amla gloss strengthening treatment. This treatment is of Ayurvedic origin and I used it as I would use a protein treatment. Though I haven't  done this treatment in months I see every reason to get more of the powder and do this once a month. What it does to my hair is that it strengthens the hair as well as makes it soft and hence the hair is more resistant to breakage and can hold moisture better.


How I prepared the Amla gloss
Using the spoon in the pic as my measuring guide I added a spoonful of warm water to the Amla mud I had behind from making Amla oil months ago. Next I added 2 spoonfuls of VO5 blackberry and sage tea revitalising conditioner. I also added a spoonful of coconut oil. I planned on leaving  this mix for an hour before using it but I suddenly felt lazy to wash my hair and I left it for 3days *oops* lol

I used coconut oil because what it does to my hair is strengthening. For now I'm using am using the one made fresh from coconuts and sent to me (22 coconuts gave 1litre of the oil)  a strengthening and not a moisturising effect on my hair. 


I followed my usual washday procedure. 

Detangling
I had been wearing my hair in two pigtail braids for Two weeks now. To detangler,  I dampened my hair a bit with water and applied a bit of glycerine and oil mix (olive +avocado+castor oil). Detangling took me forever and a day! I had a lot of matting going on and my scalp was a bit sore from the tugging. I started washday at night and by the time I was done detangling and twisting my hair up into sections, I took some pics of my hair and went straight to bed. Lol. 




Shampoo
Shampooed in twists the next morning with The Mane Choice Easy on the curls detangling Shampoo. I lathered my hair twice because I had a lot of build up from not washing for two weeks and oiling my scalp very frequently. Though I've been oiling with plain coconut oil and it's very light and it feels like it's absorbed into my scalp... Kinda. 

Condition 
After shampooing I applied the Amla mix and let it sit on my hair for an hour. I made sure to do the application in the bathroom and I wasn't too messy with it. I however rinsed my hair thoroughly outside the house so I don't have to deal with a muddy bathroom. I rinsed until the water in my hair ran clean without any colour. 

Right after application 


After Rinsing it out. The tint in my hair is a bit of reflection from the red coloured wall

Quick conditioning
My hair felt strengthened yet soft and shiny too, immediately after rinsing the mix out of my hair. I however felt that my hair would start it's clumping again so I applied some ORS Replenishing conditioner (my fave, this doesn't ever disappoint!) I covered my hair for 15mins then rinsed it out and the clumping reduced. 

Next I wrapped my hair in a towel to soak up excess water and then applied my leave in,  The Mane Choice Soft as can be 3 in 1 conditioner. I sealed with some coconut oil, detangled and then blow dried my hair till it was about 70% dry because I was in a hurry to go out. 

Results-



Benefits of Amla gloss treatment 
*It strengthens the hair
*It softens the hair strands at the same time
*It still possess the effectiveness of reducing shedding just like the pure Amla oil. 
*It darkens hair overtime
*It adds a nice sheen to your strands

I'm definitely giving Amla gloss a try again and I'm thinking doing this monthly or every two months as a really nice strengthening treatment because I only randomly use light protein treatments. My hair is low porosity so No to strong protein treatments. 

Have you tried any ayurvedic treatments recently? 

5 comments:

  1. I have never tired ayurvedic treatments as they seem like a lot of work but I must say that I love your results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a good post, I really like the way that your hair came out in the end. And that was clever rinsing your hair outside. I've been wanting to try Henna and Amla, but the mess is what has been holding me back from trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amla is very useful for hair to get more stronger and healthy and your treatment is very good for the people who has problem relating to hair
    Hair Clinic In Ahmedabad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real Plus Cosmetics Natural Hair Booster Oil For Hair Regrowth Instantly

    BUYNOW
    Price : EUR 5.2-9.1
    Minimum Order : 1 Piece
    Location : China (Mainland)
    Company : Kunming Real Beauty Cosmetic Co., Ltd.
    Response Rate :
    Type : Hair Oil
    Place Of Origin : CN;GUA
    Brand Name : Real+ OEM
    Model Number : Real+012
    Item : Real+ hair regrowth serum spray
    Ingredients : 100% herbal extract

    hair
    hair do tutorial
    simple hair do
    hair do wedding 2012
    hair tonic
    hair styling
    hair little mix
    hair games
    BUYNOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hair actually seems to be around the same texture as yours. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!