Monday 27 June 2016

Relaxer Update after 11weeks stretch

Ponytail (after flat ironing)



My third Relaxer touch up for the year was days back at 11weeks post relaxer. I intended stretching till 12weeks but my hair refused to comply and the only thing I did to it was moisturise and seal...single braid and tuck. I wasn't feeling well and the thought of having another washday and loosing my ends due to matting while  detangling made me sicker than I was.

For this relaxer day, I still used Creme of Nature Argan oil No lye relaxer. I followed the same procedures in my previous relaxer days.





To detangle lightly I sectioned my hair and applied The Mane Choice Easy on the curls conditioner and topped it with olive oil. when I was done detangling I still coated my little twisted sections of hair with Vaseline (I can't do without some petroleum jelly on relaxer day).

My hair felt great afterwards and I got Zero scalp burns. I based my scalp really well with olive oil and because a lot of the oil got on my new growth it shifted the normal processing time before I wash the relaxer off from 12-15mins to 18mins. Here are the results.

Blow dried hair


Flat ironed hair

I really want to see how long my straight hair would hold up and because I don't really like the limp look of straight hair, I put in Bantu knots every night and get soft loose curls in the morning. I'll update you on how long my straight hair lasted in my next post.

12 comments:

  1. How many uses do you get out of the crime of nature box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get only one use. I could use less but the remnant will be too small to use another day so I just use all.

      Delete
  2. How many uses do you get out of the crime of nature box?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ponytail is awesoomely thick and healthy :-) well done on another successful stretch

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the relaxer I use too! I love that it leaves my hair soft and the scent is the same. Like you, there is no burn and for now, my hair seems to like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its an awesome relaxer! I only get burnt when I irritate my scalp prior to relaxing or if I do not base the areas well.

      Delete
  5. Your hair looks good. Just be very careful in using chemical products, use natural instead, prevents you to go for a hair loss treatment or any other hair problems.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! you have a really nice hair. You may try our scalp detox. Our 1st Trial Scalp Detox Treament is @ $38, very chap and affordable. It Clarifies Scalp from Impurities and Promotes Hair Growth. This is until 31 October Only. Inquire now and you will definitely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Choose from a large variety of human natural hair Wigs Edmonton and heat resistant synthetic fibre wigs for men and ladies. Full lace wigs and front lace wigs in both human and synthetic styles are also available to order. If you live in Canada and want better hair, you can get it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post!
    Also here is a great offer from ArganLife for perfect Argan products! Click to know about BUY 1 ARGAN GET 1 FOR FREE

    ORDER NOW!

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!